Funny I think my betta is schooling

TayShrum

I have a 10 gallon tank with a betta (Kiwi) and pygmy corydoras. Kiwi and one of the corys (I call them Toby, they stick out because they explore the tank on their own a lot) have been swimming together and settling down to rest in the same tank areas. Is this behavior normal? I've been watching for signs of Kiwi becoming aggressive but he's almost protective of his fish buddy (he's started flaring up at me when I'm cleaning or movinfg things in the tank if the corys are near my hands)

BigManAquatics

I have heard of bettas acting similar to this, though don't know how normal it is. Except when sick, and the fact they are carnivores, bettas kind of seem to decide their own "normal" individually. I believe it was cories as well in that case, too.

TayShrum

I have heard of bettas acting similar to this, though don't know how normal it is. Except when sick, and the fact they are carnivores, bettas kind of seem to decide their own "normal" individually. I believe it was cories as well in that case, too.
I was worried he would hate them but he really loves snails so I thought after a year of no incident with some rather active ones, I'd try the cories and he adores them. They're so cute to watch

BigManAquatics

I was worried he would hate them but he really loves snails so I thought after a year of no incident with some rather active ones, I'd try the cories and he adores them. They're so cute to watch
My current betta sometimes looks like he wants to hang out with my tetras and rasboras, but they are all faster than him, so he just kind of ignores them all now. While trying to steal the pleco's food. Then he does his pleco imitation, just hides out in plants and by the filter all day til food comes.

Noroomforshoe

Thats adorable!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StanV
Replies
Views
nanoist
  • Question
Replies
Views
Neptunethebetta