I Think My Betta Is Dying?

Jorja

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Im not sure whats going on, but his tail is deteriorating quickly. I got him a month ago and hes been happy or so it seemed. I feel like nothing in his tank could be ripping his tail but something is obviously causing this. Please point me in the right direction of how to fix this. I dont want him to die! Hes also been making heaps of bubbles at the top of the tank.

Attachments

Jorja

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Its a 25ltr tank, hes in there alone and always has been. He has drift wood, a marimo moss ball and an anubis plant in the tank with gravel rocks which get cleaned with a gravel vac once a week. I thought i cycled the tank but i havent really tested the waters (i have test strips but do not know what each should be). The test strips i have, are in the pics. If any one can tell ne what levels they should be that would be super handy! Today i noticed he has a new "mark" on his head that was never there before today... see pics

Attachments

forestwind1234

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Alright, so your ammonia and Nitrite should be 0 ppm and your nitrate should be relatively low. You shouldn't really have to worry about pH unless it's way off neutral. I would recommend getting a API Master Test Kit though, since that is much more reliable.
It almost looks like your fish's scales are falling off. I would keep the water pristine, although I have no idea what is causing it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom