I Think My Beta Has Eye Pop But Im Not Sure Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Lance123, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Lance123New MemberMember

i have had Jeffry for 6 months now. he has always been a happy fish. but until about a week ago i noticed he was getting sluggish i rely diffident think anything about it. then it go real bad and my mom noticed something on his eye about 3 days ago so i looked it up and eye pop or itch came to mind. i also had no solid idea so i got a smaller tank for him and im aklamating him now and i got a real good look and i am rely worried. please if you know what it is please help me and tell me how to fix it.

Attached Files:

2. Milliemae124

Milliemae124Valued MemberMember

How big is the tank and what are the parameters?

3. OP
    OP
    L

Lance123New MemberMember

the tank i had him in was a 5 gallon kinda half hexagon design im transferring him to 1.5 gal just to separate him from my fog and otocinclus. as for tank detentions i couldn't tell you for the hex but for the cube its 7x7x7 ish

4. Milliemae124

5. OP
    OP
    L

Lance123New MemberMember

oh sorry yeah i dont know that im going to go get a test kit tomorrow. i just got him out of the bag and ahh he looks so bad and i dont want him to be in pain. im thinking about euthanizing him if i cant get it under control in the next little while. P_20180420_002458.jpg
    P_20180420_002520.jpg

6. Milliemae124

I recommend getting some kanaplex, it is good for treating bacterial and fungus infections. You need to be doing 10% water changes every day to keep the water in pristine condition :)

How long has he been like this?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
  7. OP
    OP
    L

Lance123New MemberMember

thanks. I will do that. I noticed it about a week ago. Dident think it was to bad so I thought I could wait a day or to and left it then he started acting strange then I angled him and went oh

8. Milliemae124

Ok just another question, when do you do a water change?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice