I Think My Beta Has Eye Pop But Im Not Sure

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Lance123, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Lance123New MemberMember

i have had Jeffry for 6 months now. he has always been a happy fish. but until about a week ago i noticed he was getting sluggish i rely diffident think anything about it. then it go real bad and my mom noticed something on his eye about 3 days ago so i looked it up and eye pop or itch came to mind. i also had no solid idea so i got a smaller tank for him and im aklamating him now and i got a real good look and i am rely worried. please if you know what it is please help me and tell me how to fix it.

Attached Files:

2. Milliemae124Valued MemberMember

How big is the tank and what are the parameters?

3. Lance123New MemberMember

the tank i had him in was a 5 gallon kinda half hexagon design im transferring him to 1.5 gal just to separate him from my fog and otocinclus. as for tank detentions i couldn't tell you for the hex but for the cube its 7x7x7 ish

4. Milliemae124Valued MemberMember

5. Lance123New MemberMember

oh sorry yeah i dont know that im going to go get a test kit tomorrow. i just got him out of the bag and ahh he looks so bad and i dont want him to be in pain. im thinking about euthanizing him if i cant get it under control in the next little while. P_20180420_002458.jpg
    P_20180420_002520.jpg

6. Milliemae124Valued MemberMember

I recommend getting some kanaplex, it is good for treating bacterial and fungus infections. You need to be doing 10% water changes every day to keep the water in pristine condition :)

How long has he been like this?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
  7. Lance123New MemberMember

thanks. I will do that. I noticed it about a week ago. Dident think it was to bad so I thought I could wait a day or to and left it then he started acting strange then I angled him and went oh

8. Milliemae124Valued MemberMember

Ok just another question, when do you do a water change?