I think I treat my betta like a dog!

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I just realised I play with Indy at work the same way I play with my dogs at home....

He's always hovering near me, watching me. So often I'll poke him on the nose (press my finger against the tank near him) and he'll run away and come charging back again. Which is pretty much what I do to my dogs o_O Poke them and send them into a frenzy of joy at the attention.

I also do the spider hand thing. Run my hand like a spider back and forth past his tank, and he chases my hand back and forth going "Oh my freakin gawd what is it, whats going on, UWAAAA" and generally dancing around. Which is what my little dog does... then she gets over excited and starts barking so your ears bleed....

Or even walk my fingers slowly up to the tank and watch him slowly getting curious... then a little agro/hyper... I do this to my dogs when they sleep or have a toy. Move hand slowly closer.... til you're close and the dog realises and darts for the nearest object, toy or hand.

Thats another thing I do with my dogs!!!

I even call "Tucka time" when I'm about to feed him and wave the food container in front.

Just wish fish were huggable.
Howl and I blow eachother kisses, but neither of the boys like it when I hug their tank :3 I think it's coz I make the water slosh.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's really cute! Somewhere, someone on the forum called bettas puppies in a fish suit.

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hahaha making them dance for their dinner!!!

Indy doesn't dance so well, as he has practically no fins and a large lesion on his back. His version of dancing is curving his body and shaking. I'm sure if he had lovely long fins to wave it would look impressive but it just makes me laugh and call him a cutie. I'm honestly amazed that a fish this damaged is so active and playful and still displays great personality.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom