I think i swore??

Alejandro

Someone replaced a word I used with **** - sorry if I broke a rule

I guess a moderator changed it - please don't ban us!!

I used a word (you know the one otherwise used to desribe fish poo) and I used it talking about the concepts of good and bad service in shops regarding pet care advice etc... We live in Australia and here that's too mild to be considered swearing my kids wouldn't even blink if I used it

Sorry if I upset anyone it was unintentional

Happy to hear advice what is OK - we'd hate to be deleted for misgendering a fish as is happening on YouTube.

And for those looking for the freedom to speak- you are welcome here down under- We are not backwards just upside down.

John58ford

I'm not from Australia but I have also gotten hit by the "****" a couple times. There are a couple words I tried using that must mean something else somewhere but I can't remember. The thing that gets me occasionally is the text entry on my phone correcting to things one cannot say in the forum.

I'm the forum rules they say no profanity but I have not seen a list. I have noticed that you get the *** treatment immediately so it's likely a bot, if you re-read after posting you have a chance to edit any accidental entries. If you don't edit them fairly quick you might get a PM from a moderator.

Upvote 0

Coradee

Hi, Fishlore doesn’t allow the use of any swear/curse words as per rule #2, most will be blocked by the system as you’ve discovered. The forum can be read by anyone not just members so we like it to be family friendly & safe for children.
As said above if you spot the blocked word quickly you can edit it before we see it

Upvote 0

GlennO

Yes I've been surprised by a couple of words blocked that I thought were just words used in everyday conversation. I don't think that you can even say ****. Nope, you can't...lol. No matter, there's always a more vanilla replacement to use.

Upvote 0

Alejandro

Testing: **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ..... Ok now I've got it!
, if you re-read after posting you have a chance to edit any accidental entries. If you don't edit them fairly quick you might get a PM from a moderator.

I've not seen how to edit - I've made a few spelling mistakes but haven't seen an edit button after I post

How do I edit?

Upvote 0

Ouse

Testing: **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ..... Ok now I've got it!

I've not seen how to edit - I've made a few spelling mistakes but haven't seen an edit button after I post

How do I edit?
Underneath your posts there should be an edit button. It’s next to the report button. Are you perhaps not seeing one?

Upvote 0

smee82

Im going to lock this now it seems to have reached its end.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Airlie
Replies
Views
jmaldo
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies