I Think I Might Have Killed It :(

allieleap101

I was doing a water change on my tank last night and have to move one of my decorations. This morning I woke up and can only see one of my Otos(I have 2 so far) well I looked all over for him and nothing. Then I it’s me... the plant decoration I moved well there he was right under it... he is still alive but barely moving. He has tried swimming but only for a couple of inches. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Image1566147542.734759.jpg

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
allieleap101 said:
I was doing a water change on my tank last night and have to move one of my decorations. This morning I woke up and can only see one of my Otos(I have 2 so far) well I looked all over for him and nothing. Then I it’s me... the plant decoration I moved well there he was right under it... he is still alive but barely moving. He has tried swimming but only for a couple of inches. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Image1566147542.734759.jpg
How dare you.....

Nah I’m joking. I’m sorry about him but I think we all have similar stories. He might pull through he might not, do you have a breeder net that you could isolate him with so the other fish don’t get “curious”. We have all been there, one time I mistakenly snagged a tetra in a net when I was taking the net out of the tank. I found him dried up in the net the next day. Now I always double check my net....

Cognac82

I don't know if there is anything you can do specifically besides maybe isolate the little guy in a dark tank and allow time for recovery.
One of my bettas jumped once and sustained swim bladder damage.
One of my white clouds got accidentally sucked up and took a 50 foot ride out of the hose to the pump outside and stayed there for about 45 minutes before I knew. Amazingly it survived!
Don't feel too bad. We all have inadvertently done things that cause damage. I hope your little guy pulls through.

Cognac82

allieleap101 said:
Sorry went and hid and then died
Oh no so sorry to hear about this! I can't keep otos alive in my tank. I bought six and out of the six, I have one left. I feel bad for it being alone but I can't bring myself to kill any more of them. Too sensitive for me. I'm sorry for your loss. I really like otos. They're really neat little fish.

New Threads