I Think I Might Have Killed It :( Question

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by allieleap101, Aug 18, 2019.

1. allieleap101

allieleap101New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    I was doing a water change on my tank last night and have to move one of my decorations. This morning I woke up and can only see one of my Otos(I have 2 so far) well I looked all over for him and nothing. Then I it’s me... the plant decoration I moved well there he was right under it... he is still alive but barely moving. He has tried swimming but only for a couple of inches. Any suggestions on what I should do? Image1566147542.734759.

2. CaptainAquatics

CaptainAquaticsWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +744
    Experience:
    3 years
    How dare you.....

Nah I’m joking. I’m sorry about him but I think we all have similar stories. He might pull through he might not, do you have a breeder net that you could isolate him with so the other fish don’t get “curious”. We have all been there, one time I mistakenly snagged a tetra in a net when I was taking the net out of the tank. I found him dried up in the net the next day. Now I always double check my net....

3. Cognac82

Cognac82Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +203
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    I don't know if there is anything you can do specifically besides maybe isolate the little guy in a dark tank and allow time for recovery.
    One of my bettas jumped once and sustained swim bladder damage.
    One of my white clouds got accidentally sucked up and took a 50 foot ride out of the hose to the pump outside and stayed there for about 45 minutes before I knew. Amazingly it survived!
    Don't feel too bad. We all have inadvertently done things that cause damage. I hope your little guy pulls through.

4. OP
    OP
    allieleap101

Ratings:
    +1
    Well unfortunately he wants a bid and pass away ☹️

5. OP
    OP
    allieleap101

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry went and hid and then died

6. Cognac82

Cognac82Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +203
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Oh no so sorry to hear about this! I can't keep otos alive in my tank. I bought six and out of the six, I have one left. I feel bad for it being alone but I can't bring myself to kill any more of them. Too sensitive for me. I'm sorry for your loss. I really like otos. They're really neat little fish.