I was told at the pet store to use algaefix to control my out of control algae. So I read the part that describes dosing. I added the algaefix. Then sat down and read the rest of the bottle CAUTION: do not use Algaefix with freshwater crustaceans, including shrimp, crabs and lobsters. I panicked, looked in my tank and Mr. Shrimpy is going ballistic! I quickly grabbed a one gallon bowl and added water, then scooped Mr. Shrimpy out and put him in the bowl. I don't know what will kill him quicker an un-cycled bowl or the algaefix. And what about Mr. Snail?