I think I have found AJ ... the auction ends soon ...

chickadee
He is a bit unique and comes from Miami Aquariums, of course and I hope that this is not going to jinx me but I think this is the one who will be the namesake of Alexander. He is different, just as Marty's namesake was different from him. I think this makes it a little easier on my heart and with the way my fish have been acting I do not want to confuse them.

Rose

Advertisement
nmwierman1977
Oh Rose he's beautiful. I hope you get him. Is there anyone else bidding on him? I hope not. Good luck with the bidding!! Natalie

bbfeckawitts
Rose he is just gorgeous!
I hope you get him as well. Good Luck. Brianna :-*

Advertisement
chickadee
I won the auction about an hour ago after 15 bids on him brought the price up a bit but I guess when you are in love .... ;D Anyway, AJ is now bought and paid for and may even be here by the end of the week. I spent my whole day cleaning tanks completely from the upside down and inside out. Gravel to impeller care complete and decor scrubbing done in all but one tank and I will do it tomorrow. Boy am I tired. I will be sure and try to get some really good pictures of the new little one when he gets settled in but my pictures have been kind of poor lately. Maybe I have a lens problem or maybe it is me.

Rose

Stradius011
I won the auction about an hour ago after 15 bids on him brought the price up a bit but I guess when you are in love ....  ;D   
Rose
15 bids!!!! Wow, how much was he in the end? Was this at aquabid? He's really beautiful. What kind of a betta is he? Crowntail? Halfmoon? I'm not good with bettas...

Advertisement
voiceless_kat
Rose, AJ certanly is a keeper!! Sounds like besides costing you ( well, love is love!!..LOL ), he also made some extra work for you. I am sure looking forward to seeing your new guy....take care of yourself, and don't overdo things!! Val & menagerie

COBettaCouple
Congrats on finding AJ Rose! He's a handsome guy! Angel is quite interested.

chickadee
I know I am over the cuckoo's nest but I paid $62.04 plus $27.00 shipping and handling for this little guy. He is a copper/pink butterfly with a few dalmation spots and actually looks more mint green with pink so I could not help myself. I have not ever spent so much on a betta and if it was coming from any other place I would not ever have thought of it but since he is a Miami Aquariums fish I know he will be healthy.

Funny thing is he was at $41.00 until the last 1 minute and then a new bidder came on and really drove the price up fast. YIPES!

He was on eBay and that is the only place I will buy bettas as Miami Aquariums put their best fish on eBay.

Rose

bbfeckawitts
WOW! I guess you really wanted him!

I hope you really enjoy him, I am sure that you will, he is gorgeous. Brianna

COBettaCouple
whoa! yea, when he gets there, let him know how much he cost and he'll have a major ego trip!

nmwierman1977
I'm so glad you won. I hate those people that do those last second bids. They have to ruin everything and make you pay more. At least you won though. Can't wait to see his pics when you get him. Nat

COBettaCouple
I'm so glad you won. I hate those people that do those last second bids. They have to ruin everything and make you pay more. At least you won though. Can't wait to see his pics when you get him. Nat

yea.. those people are white & nerdy! hey.. i'm white & nerdy! ;D but i'm not a ebay sniper.

nmwierman1977

yea.. those people are white & nerdy! hey.. i'm white & nerdy! ;D but i'm not a ebay sniper.

LOL, Dave. I'm glad your not one of them. Nat

COBettaCouple

LOL, Dave. I'm glad your not one of them. Nat

but you are glad i'm white & nerdy, right?

Asinity
Hey, I'm one of those last second snipers, lol. When you want something bad, you've gotta do it!

He's a gorgeous betta Rose, can't wait to see some more pics.

chickadee
I would have forgiven any of you of course but I did have my maximum bid set much higher than that so I did not have to worry too much. When I want a fish, I want it and I do usually go after it with every thing I own. I may not eat for a month but I will have the fish. There is something about losing a fish you have fallen in love with that just makes the whole thing worse and I do not do that lightly.

Snipers Beware, when you see my name there you best be prepared to bid to the max. !!!!!!

Rose

Muffymouse
Hehehe, you all are so funny. Glad you got him though Rose. My AJ live a long and healthy life with one of the best mommy's in the world

COBettaCouple
I may not eat for a month but I will have the fish.

that's what we said at the betta show last month.. wow, i'm hungry! !

chickadee
I am having a lot of company tomorrow as this is the 150th birthday of our town this weekend and everyone is here to visit this weekend, but I had to post the pictures I could get of the little guy. I nearly lost him!! The postman was a substitute and did not know that I was sitting next door at my mother's home on the porch watching the parade and would not leave him and left me a note saying that since I was not at home, he would retry delivery on MONDAY!!! I had to call the Post Office and beg them to redeliver the package TODAY, and got a little gal who ran the man down after she got off work at noon and found the fish box and hand delivered him. EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!! : : :

Anyway, here are the ones I could get of him and a comparison shot of the little new one with Alex doing the same thing.

Rose

His actual coloring is exactly like the final picture. He is VERY pastel. He looks like mint green and raspberry sherbet.

Phloxface
Aaww, he's beautiful! I'm so glad he made it safely!!  Monday!    I think I would have had a heart attack knowing my fish was in a box in a tiny bag all weekend. I doubt he'd have made it until then.  This is why I am simply too nervous about having a fish shipped and will probably never do it. I don't trust the delivery people.
I'm so glad AJ is safe and sound and happily swimming in his new home.

COBettaCouple
LOL.. reminds me of Natalie's postal adventures with RJ some. what a betta parent has to do, huh? ;D He's a gorgeous Betta and really does look a lot like Alex in the comparison shot.

nmwierman1977
LOL.. reminds me of Natalie's postal adventures with RJ some. what a betta parent has to do, huh? ;D He's a gorgeous Betta and really does look a lot like Alex in the comparison shot.

LOL. Yeah very similar. I had to take my dogs for grooming. I saw the mail truck across the street at the apartment complex just as I pulled out. I never in my life drove so fast. Was cursing up a storm at red lights and people who drove too slow.LOL Luckily the mail man was at my condo complex when I got home. I pulled up behind him and saw a small box in his hand. I asked him who it belonged too and I happened to see my name on it and told him it was mine. I had to prove that I was in fact Natalie Pisano by opening my mail box. He was going to deliver it again that day he said, but I'm still glad I caught him.

Anyway, Rose he is absolutely beautiful. I hope that he makes you just as happy as much as Alex did. I'm sure that he will. Natalie

chickadee
It must be something in the water! I got up early this morning and could hardly wait to see him and when I did, boy did I have a shock! My little mint green and raspberry betta was blue and lavender !!! WHHHHAAAAT??!!**?? (just surprised, not swearing folks) I fed him and talked to him and the strangest thing happened, as I was talking to him he started to turn green again.... This is one weird little guy! I do know that they darken to camouflage at night but this is a bit overmuch for this mommy. I will have to have a few days to see where we end up here ;D.

Rose
???

Phloxface
;D
My females are masters of disguise too. For awhile when I first got them they would change color right before my eyes. Angel still does change colors and patterns every few weeks but she stays like that for weeks until she get bored and wants to change.  I've never had any male with such a color changing ability.  AJ is very handsome regardless of what color outfit he decides to wear. 

COBettaCouple
our female 'rescue' betta seems to be a rainbow colored betta and her body color changes, but just blue or green.. she's a metallic with irridescene so that's probably why I think. AJ has quite an interesting ability there.. the only betta of ours that drastically changes color fast are the mahachai.. that would be a super video of him changing color if you have a miniDV camera.

Butterfly
Rose he is absolutely gorgeous! You have such a talent for choosing unique Bettas
Carol

voiceless_kat
Rose, your little guy is stunning. And magic as well! How fun is that seeing him change colours like that!! Hope all goes well for him and you and that your weekend celebrations were fun. Val

nmwierman1977
Wow, that's pretty cool that he does that for you. Neither of mine do that. It would be neat if they did. I love them all the same though. He is going to be a very beautiful boy no matter what color he turns out to be. Natalie

chickadee
Thanks, everyone! He is a little different but a stinker like all the rest. He is still on EST and up way before me and I can hear him yelling "FEED ME!" long before I am up. I am sleeping in the living room right now on a rollaway bed as I decided to do a thorough housecleaning in the basement and since I cannot do the stairs, all the basement is being brought upstairs for me and into the bedroom and I spend the day sorting the things in there but there is not room for me to sleep in there, work in there, have the 25 gallon in there, and have clothes and furniture and an entertainment center in there. So life has been really turned crowded here. Anyway, he splashes in the water for attention. It is working and perhaps it shouldn't. I am afraid I am training him in a way I will wish I had not later.

Rose

COBettaCouple
he splashes the water for your attention? lol.. that's cute - ours will dance but none are big splashers.. you have another story-making stinker there.. congrats Rose! ;D

Phloxface
Angel and Aenara splash too. None of my others do but those two make such a commotion at feeding time. They are so impatient. If I don't feed fast enough they jump up and stick themselves to the dry glass or the divider above the water line.   ;D I just love the variety of personalities Bettas all have. 

COBettaCouple
Angel and Aenara splash too. None of my others do but those two make such a commotion at feeding time. They are so impatient. If I don't feed fast enough they jump up and stick themselves to the dry glass or the divider above the water line. ;D I just love the variety of personalities Bettas all have.

we do have impatient ones.. Aslan will stick his face up out of the water and jump at a hand too slow in dropping food and Sora gets so excited for food that last sat. he chomped a piece of his own tail off.

chickadee
Oh no, another tail biter! I hope he wasn't seriously hurt.

My only fear is that if AJ is such a splasher is that he will get to splashing and get himself hung up somewhere out of the water and not be able to get back in. Enough to make a mommy's heart fail.

Rose

COBettaCouple
Oh no, another tail biter! I hope he wasn't seriously hurt.

My only fear is that if AJ is such a splasher is that he will get to splashing and get himself hung up somewhere out of the water and not be able to get back in. Enough to make a mommy's heart fail.

Rose

He didn't act hurt, in fact he sat there chewing on the piece of his fin until he realized it wasn't a bloodworm after all and spit it out. I felt terrible for not being more careful of him getting turned around. :'( I make sure that doesn't happen with him anymore. Thank God the vitachem already has the fin regrowing though. but I'll keep a close eye on him for any signs of trouble.

yea, stacy worries about Mickey because he likes to jump with excitement when she talks to him.. he doesn't for me but then he's a total mama's boy. he's in a 5 gallon and I'll let the water level stay a little lower to play it safe and be ready in case he ever does jump out. I don't think he would on purpose, but he loves his betta mommy and can't seem to contain himself - that combtail-ness.

Amorinthe
Amazing! Some of the fish in this forum are proof of natures talent at creating art. What a beautiful (and charismatic) fish.

0morrokh
AJ is gorgeous and it sounds like he's got a huge personality too! I'm glad you won the auction. I can't believe he changed color like that so fast. Both Dorado and Cas got a lot darker after I bought them, but I've never had a Betta actually change their basic colors.

rescuerotts
Rose,

AJ is beautiful! All these stories you guys are telling are killing me. I've only had my Niles for 1/2 a day now and I already know I'm going to have to go get another.....maybe finding a forum was a bad idea! The oscars I had years ago had big personalities...I never dreamed a betta could be such a character! Can't wait for mine to start to love me.

Jendayi
Rose,

AJ is beautiful! All these stories you guys are telling are killing me. I've only had my Niles for 1/2 a day now and I already know I'm going to have to go get another.....maybe finding a forum was a bad idea! The oscars I had years ago had big personalities...I never dreamed a betta could be such a character! Can't wait for mine to start to love me.

When I joined this forum I had one, little blue Cujo. Now I have three. ;D It's a disease, I tell you, and the people around here are spreading it... Called MTS - multI tank syndrome. It truly is a joy, even though it can be a lot of work and heartbreak, too. Like you, I had no idea that a fish could have so much personality and really be a family member like my dogs. And they are all individuals, no two are the same.

COBettaCouple
Rose,

yea, they each have unique characters and like other pets, you'll get to see different moods and an evolving character in each Betta. They have so many ways to make you smile and laugh at the things they do and how smart they are. we have 20 right now -- but 11 are MahachaI Betta fry so only 9 adult Bettas.

chickadee
Their personalities develop the more you talk to them and play with them by feeding them one piece at time (be careful not to overfeed PLEASE). They are very strong in some ways but delicate in other ways. Watch their digestion and their feeding schedule and food amounts very closely and they love to be hand fed. It is a good time to spend some quality time with them each individually and talk to them.

Damon likes to chase his bloodworms all over so we play a game by me putting each one at a different place on the surface of the BIG old 25 gallon tank and he gets a LOT of swimming in to eat his supper. He loves it and we get to stretch supper out over about 30 minutes. He gets so cross when we have to do it quicker and then I am in trouble with him for a couple of days. (yes they do have a memory and they do pout)
He also still has to have a night light of some sort in the big tank. He is such a baby. I think that he will always be one but he has made my life without Alex easier.

AJ is a darling. He does the same thing that Phlox used to do with Phloxface. He swims into my cupped hand when I am cleaning the tank. He is going to be a sweet natured fish so I am glad he is going into a quiet and calm tank. There are no quick and hyper movers in his new permanent tank when he moves. He can just have a lovely peaceful life. He is going to stay in the quarantine tank for another couple of weeks though just to be on the safe side as I just lost an oto in that tank. I think he just got an injury but I want to make sure.

Rose

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
nmwierman1977
  • Question
Replies
Views
BabsandLoon
Replies
Views
Chief_waterchanger