I *think* I’m Done. Any Critiques Appreciated.

Starflyr3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hi!

In the last couple of weeks, my Betta’s Living quarters have changed drastically, and I’m in the middle of a fish in cycle (partly because I fell for the “Betta are easy” lie, and partly because I didn’t do enough reading to know about the nitrogen cycle etc). He’s doing well though. - recovering from fin rot, and showing his personality more.

E41CA64B-7A16-4094-AB30-40D35AF860B0.jpeg

I tried adding an air stone, but I think I got one that was too big, it created a crazy current. I’m going to get a small one today and put it under the rock with holes doohickey.

Debating about the Betta log. I originally got it to cover the filter intake to keep my guy from getting hurt (it has strong suction). But I finally got a sponge prefilter, so now it’s free floating.

What do y’all think?

Butterfly Rainbow Celestia says he (yes, he) wants to know:

36B656CA-2406-405C-8768-CC257C1FE044.jpeg

AmStatic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi!

In the last couple of weeks, my Betta’s Living quarters have changed drastically, and I’m in the middle of a fish in cycle (partly because I fell for the “Betta are easy” lie, and partly because I didn’t do enough reading to know about the nitrogen cycle etc). He’s doing well though. - recovering from fin rot, and showing his personality more.

View attachment 557838

I tried adding an air stone, but I think I got one that was too big, it created a crazy current. I’m going to get a small one today and put it under the rock with holes doohickey.

Debating about the Betta log. I originally got it to cover the filter intake to keep my guy from getting hurt (it has strong suction). But I finally got a sponge prefilter, so now it’s free floating.

What do y’all think?

Butterfly Rainbow Celestia says he (yes, he) wants to know:

View attachment 557839
It looks great. Bettas often like resting on leaves close to the surface so you've provided a nice spot for him. Maybe put the airstone on the opposite side.

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
your doing great! i would definitely get a betta log, all of the bettas i have had loved them. you can also get a control valve to help with the flow for the airstone, they are only a couple bucks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom