I switched to RO/Di - what next ?

Dechi

My 13.5 gallons Evo has been cycled and running for about 4 weeks now. I started with tap water (TSD about 90 ppm) and then found a very good deal with on a 4 stage RO/Di system so I bought it.

Today I did a 5 gallons water change, which diluted the TDS from the tap water in the tank to about 57 ppm TDS. For me changing 5 gallons of water is complicated and difficult. Knowing this, should I still go ahead and try to change as much water as possible as quick as I can, or is just doing a 20%-30% WC every 7-10 days good enough ?

I have 2 oscellaris in the tank and 1 green slimer. The clowns are nipping at the slimer and it is not happy, probably dying. I would like to get another easy coral soon, maybe next week. If I do another 5 gallons WC before getting the coral, the TDS will be 36 ppm. Would that work ?

Thank you !

Kellye8498

My tap water TDS is over 400 so I have to use RO/Di water as well. Do you have the ability to use a python for removal so it’s less work?

Dechi

Kellye8498 said:
My tap water TDS is over 400 so I have to use RO/Di water as well. Do you have the ability to use a python for removal so it’s less work?
The problem is not removal. It’s constantly going downstairs where the system is and carrying the buckets of water upstairs.

I use my python for my freshwater tank, it’s so much easier !

So from your answer I take it that you think I should do it as fast as possible ?

Latest threads

Top Bottom