I suspect HITH in new Rams

Kimtheirmom

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I need some help here.
I posted when I first got my pair.
I am getting over a round with ich I am currently treating the tank with Paragurd After A few rounds of api super ick cure were unsuccessful. The true ick symptoms have faded from all infected fish ( a couple losses ) and have been symptom free for a few days ( I am still treating as directions ). However a spot I thought was ich on the male has grown & turned into a pit & now today the female appears to have a start of one.
I now suspect HITH
They are new and my routine is Weekly 30 % pwc.
Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 nitrate tests consistently at 5 now that I added more plants
Looking back over all pictures the male had this spot when he arrived in the mail.
I ordered what I read I need to treat HITH but I have never had this before & don’t know how to proceed with such medication.
Do I qt & treat Rams ? Or the whole tank ( I picked up a tank for planned orchid terrarium ish build ) And if so, Do I wait to finish paraguard before treating
1st pic is day 1 2nd pic is yesterday & the meds I ordered ( in combo pack ) to treat. I will update my profile info to reflect recent losses and changes.
many tils or suggestions welcomed and needed.

Attachments

OP
Kimtheirmom

Kimtheirmom

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have been doing daily pwc to hopefully keep any pits from getting worse. Meds will be here tomorrow. Seachem said if I am doing the metro and focus in the food I could overlap the Paragurd. If I am dosing the watter column then wait until paraguard treatment is done. I have 3 more days of paraguard and I did plan on the food route. I could start metro two days earlier by overlapping
Anyone disagree ?

OP
Kimtheirmom

Kimtheirmom

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They also said I should treat the whole tank.but I am new to seachem products and don’t know how reliable their help desk is

New Threads