Help I Suck At Math And I Need Help Converting!

Tanks and Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I REALLY REALLY am bad at math and I have to dose a medicine in some of my tanks and tubs. ANY HELP would be appreciated! Here is the directions......

I want to know the dosage for 1 gallon of water, if it’s possible or if it’s eaiser for every 10 gallons of water. I don’t want to kill my fishes just the scuds and snails.

Thanks!

272B3A0F-1BA0-4177-8C58-A3F5938CD2DE.jpeg

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm not that great at math either but if one teaspoon treats 500 gallons and u want to use it to treat 1 gallon of water then i would think that dipping a skewer or toothpick in the bottle and leaving barely a drop on it would be plenty.

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
One teaspoon for 500 gallons
1/500 teaspoon for 1 gallon
Using google's unit converter
That's 0.00985784 of a milliliter

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
One teaspoon is 5ml. That treats 500 gallons. So 1 gallon would be 0.01ml. 10 gallons would be 0.1ml

Ladyglo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You need 0.1 cc for every 10 gallons or 0.01 cc per gallon. You can see if you can get a 1 cc syringe from the pharmacy. It’s too small of an amount to use teaspoons. Hope this helps.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Add 1 teaspoon of the liquid to approximately 10 and 2/5 cups of water. Mix the solution. The resulting solution will be a very close approximation for 1 teaspoon per gallon.

Tanks and Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thank you to all of you who helped! This stuff must be kinda strong to have this kind of amounts to be used for even 10 gallons. I just hope it kills all the scuds and snails!

I appreciate all of you who helped!

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Thank you to all of you who helped! This stuff must be kinda strong to have this kind of amounts to be used for even 10 gallons. I just hope it kills all the scuds and snails!

I appreciate all of you who helped!
Based on the instructions it's for treating larger ponds.

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I concur with the above 0.1mL per 10 gallon dosing rate. I've had to use drug dose calculations over the past dozen years, so their recommendations are spot on.

I would heavily advise to obtain a 1.0mL plastic syringe from a pharmacy to dose this with. It needs to have 0.1mL marks on it.

Most times, they will give you one or sell it for under a dollar.

Pharmacy will have them to dose pediatric oral medications.

Or a draw syringe (with or without needle) used for IM administration will work.

I would not attempt to dose only 1 gallon at a time, based on the label's recommended concentration.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom