I Started Answering My Own Old Thread

Jenoli42
my phone somehow took me to an old thread where I asked you lovely people to double check my apI tests. I thought it was a new alert. so I checked out the photos and started scrolling through responses to see if I needed to respond to this person who obviously had 0 ammonia & a pH of 7.4

... got to the third response before I realised

r5n8xaw00
Tell you what drove me a little crazy at first here on Fish Lore, was my disappearing threads. I just started here little over a month ago. Sometimes in the Freshwater Beginners I would post a thread and poof it was gone. For awhile there I figured the admins here on Fish Lore didn't like me for some reason and deleted my threads. Then I started figuring it out, the thread was moved!!! Then I started looking around and my lord there are more topic headers here then anywhere I have ever been before on website forums. I don't know how they do it here, and I can understand the need for topic threads, But why so many!!!!!! I truly don't believe the admins could ever dream up another topic thread to put threads with as many as there are here, but I bet dollars to donuts they can.....

Jenoli42
Tell you what drove me a little crazy at first here on Fish Lore, was my disappearing threads. I just started here little over a month ago. Sometimes in the Freshwater Beginners I would post a thread and poof it was gone. For awhile there if figured the admins here on Fish Lore didn't like me for some reason and deleted my threads. Then I started figuring it out, the thread was moved!!! Then I started looking around and my lord there are more topic headers here then anywhere I have ever been before on website forums. I don't know how they do it here, and I can understand the need for topic threads, But why so many!!!!!! I truly don't believe the admins could ever dream up another topic thread to put threads with as many as there are here, but I bet dollars to donuts they can.....

lolz!

I figured that out because I saw alerts when my threads got moved.

hats off & all credit to the moderators who make sure we're in the right topics & get polite & accurate advice... takes getting used to but then you start to see how helpful it is

Lucy
Sorry, this thread made me giggle. Jenoli42 were you helpful to yourself? Hope you were polite.
I've gotten alerts for threads I (or another mod) moved if I posted there. lol

countryrain, when we move a thread we try to leave a re-direct and put it where we think it would get the most responses.
Those who can help with plants may only the plant section for example.
I can see how this forum can be confusing. There are a lot of sub-forums. You'll get used to it. Give one of us a shout if you need some help finding something.

r5n8xaw00
lolz!

I figured that out because I saw alerts when my threads got moved.

hats off & all credit to the moderators who make sure we're in the right topics & get polite & accurate advice... takes getting used to but then you start to see how helpful it is

LOL, yep I figured the alerts out, but not at first. There is an old saying that people working in Newspaper would say, "It looks to busy." Not talking about traffic, talking about all the stuff to look at and figure out, takes a newbie like me awhile to find stuff, but I could just be slow and half-whetted.....duh....

r5n8xaw00
Sorry, this thread made me giggle. Jenoli42 were you helpful to yourself? Hope you were polite.

countryrain, when we move a thread we try to leave a re-direct and put it where we think it would get the most responses.
I can see how this forum can be confusing. There are a lot of sub-forums. You'll get used to it. Give one of us a shout if you need some help finding something.

No problem Lucy and thanks for the best fish forum on the web, I know because I looked around and studied a few before joining.

MaximumRide14

I have a question. When someone’s thread is moved but was recently under freshwater beginners, I see the thread but when I click it it was the thread was moved. Is there any way to find the thread after that?

Lucy
I have a question. When someone’s thread is moved but was recently under freshwater beginners, I see the thread but when I click it it was the thread was moved. Is there any way to find the thread after that?

Yup, if you're using a browser at the top right of the first post you should see the option 'watch this thread.'
If you're replying to the thread click 'more options' under the reply box. You should see that option there as well.

At the top of the forum you can click on Watched threads to find them.

Edit:
I think I answered a question you didn't ask. LOL
We try to leave a re-direct. It should take you to the thread.

Jenoli42
Sorry, this thread made me giggle. Jenoli42 were you helpful to yourself? Hope you were polite. "

I think I've just ticked something off my bucket list: making a FL moderator giggle. yusss

I was in fact just about to be quite helpful & polite to myself. Because Present Me instantly knew the answer to past Me's question.

r5n8xaw00
I think I've just ticked something off my bucket list: making a FL moderator giggle. yusss

I was in fact just about to be quite helpful & polite to myself. Because Present Me instantly knew the answer to past Me's question.

Yep kinda like talking to yourself but doing it through the internet.....lol...:yuck:

MaximumRide14
Yup, if you're using a browser at the top right of the first post you should see the option 'watch this thread.'
If you're replying to the thread click 'more options' under the reply box. You should see that option there as well.

At the top of the forum you can click on Watched threads to find them.

Edit:

Lol thanks!!

Jenoli42
Edit:

it's aways redirected me *thumbs up emoji*

Lunnietic

You are learning which is amazing!! Now when I go out of town to fish stores, I make sure to have a fully charged phone. I never want another 2.5 gallon with 5 neon tetras and 3 corydoras mistake again LOL

Jenoli42
You are learning which is amazing!! Now when I go out of town to fish stores, I make sure to have a fully charged phone. I never want another 2.5 gallon with 5 neon tetras and 3 corydoras mistake again LOL

lol! ikr? I feel like I've literally graduated from fish keeping 101 & I'm in the first semester of fish keeping 102. *graduation cap emoji* my phone with FL loaded is my cheat sheet

SegiDream
Yep kinda like talking to yourself but doing it through the internet.....lol...:yuck:

Well they say talking to yourself is normal. It's when you start answering yourself that you should be worried..

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CHJ
Replies
Views
JJNPJ
Replies
Views
Scampy
Replies
Views