I shouldn't have

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
But I did, I bought a betta from a dollar store. I went with my dad to some crazy far away place to pick up a bathtub and we stopped at a 99cent store. There he was, amongst the boring (yet pretty healthy) bettas I found him. He is so tiny compared to Red (the fish I am watching for a friend) but he is beautifull. he has a shimmering blue body with yellow and blue fins and a crazy stripe across his body. I still haven't thought of a name and I am up for suggestions but I had to share the news.  There were a few bettas with very little water at said store, but to be fair they were left on the floor under some shelves by some random people. So I assume no one noticed them. Oh he is a gorgeous boy, so tiny and amazing. I will have a picture up in a little while.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh, you sound so happy and of course you should have! I am so happy for you. It is so perfect when we find a little one to care for. He sounds just beautiful and I am so happy for you. I will be anxious to see the pictures. I am so glad you got him very young, there is nothing like raising them from baby on. They turn out even sweeter that way if that is possible. Good luck to you with the new baby. It took me a long haul to come up with a name for Alexander so I won't even suggest but I am sure that someone will come up with a lovely one for you, if you don't think of one yourself.

Again congratulations, you certainly deserve a lovely Betta.

Rose

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have decided on Julian... I edited his pic alittle because the photo originally had too much flash for you to be able to see his real colors.
I picked him up a dollar store (I know) he was just to precious to resist. I have edited his picture on adobe because there was far too much flash in the pictures

20.jpg

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The name is PERFECT and he is BEAUTIFUL. I see why you were so taken with him. I love the looks of him. He looks feisty. I hope you will be very happy with each other.

WELCOME, JULIAN!!!!

Congratulations on finding such a fine looking young man!

Rose

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
quite the contrary, he is very placid and never flares. He just sat their looking at Red when Red was flaringing up a storm. I think he was busy enjoying his own reflection

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
enjoying his own reflection man u have an odd ball a cute betta but an oddball none the less most males hate their own reflection like Inari for example I have a glass tube on the heater and i'll see him swim over to it a start flaring at it atfirst i thought he just didn't like that it was hanging in his tank then i realized it was the whole reflection thing kinda funny how their personalities can be isn't it?

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yes, I have noticed this is true for most bettas. Julians tank is right next to Red's and even if I have some cardstock between the two they still have a couple inches to view eachother. Red will go nuts and flare up a storm when Julian comes within view, but julian just swims in a little circle gazing back..such an odd betta, but a cute one at that.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yeah he is a bit of an odd one maybe he's the type just 'knows' he could take red lol hope u enjoy ur little beauty

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Very nice picture, he looks very handsome. Congratulations on getting him, I hope you continue to enjoy having him.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I really like the edit job on the picture. It shows him off very well and brings out the yellow in his fins. He is very beautiful and unusual.

Rose

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I do try to pick unusual looking bettas, it makes them feel more personal. If you have a fish that looks like every other fish, it makes the fish seem less like your fish and more like anyones fish. If all that makes sense. that I try to avoid overly flaring aggressive bettas, I like my fish pretty and mellow.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yeah sometimes mellow is nice i imagine but Inari who thinks everything is food or his enemy is rather fun too he swims up to the side of the tank and flares at me as if to say "wanna fight i can take u" its really funny idk if this is true but i would think that the mellower bettas aren't as active either just a thought tho he is beautiful

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for all bettas, but Julian is very active. He is constantly exploring his ten gal castle, from the rock cave to the giant plants.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah Inari keeps doing the same he keeps stoping a staring at the filter in take i'm still trying to figure out what it is that keeps catching his interest that and the two bamboo shrimps i have do the same lol

they are very curious little guys i do know that good luck with Lulu hope he feels better

Brent

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom