i see krib eggs

1. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

:;banamani'm very excited to say, that i see krib eggs on a wall, inside of one of the caves in the tank, with the female fanning them and cleaning them. I noticed her hard at work yesturday inside of the cave, i don't know if she laid them yesturday.....i have a couple of questions i would really appreciate your help with....

1. should i do a water change during this time, it has been almost a week since the last water change.

2. should i vacumm the gravel during this time, i dont want to disturb the work they've done inside of the tank....it is only a 12 gall. tank...

3. should i remove the mollies from the tank....i have two....and dont want the fry eaten....or the mollies getting beat up....which they havent yet, but they have been harrassed by the male....

your answers would be greately appreciated thanks...:;banaman

2. kribensis keeper Member Member

1.no you don't reallly need to do a water change when my kribs bred i did not do a water change and everything was fine
    2. no same goes for the gravel as for the water change as the gravel has food and microsopic things that the fry will eat
    3. you can i you want i didn't when my kribs had babies but it depends on the male if your is really aggresive to the mollies then take them out.

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

4. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

ok great thanks guys....so when would you guys recommend me do the first water change? unitl they hatch? or are freeswimming??

5. btate617 Well Known Member Member

If you normally do a WC every week I would do one. Just siphon the water out without doing the gravel, on the opposite side of the tank from the fish basically as far away from them as possible.
    You may spook them into eating the eggs but the good news is you have a pair and it won't be long until they do it again. Fry are more sensitive to water quality then mature cichlids, so I would try and do your normal routine but thats just me.

Brian

6. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

i topped off the water that was missing, i removed the two mollies i had in there....i'll think i'll do a partial water change after i see the eggs have hatched. i'm hoping they won't eat them once the have hatched....what do you guys think?

7. kribensis keeper Member Member

where did you put the mollies

8. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

sadley i took them back to my lfs....but i know they'll be happier not being harrased. the only problem is now my male krib, suddenly got a little shyer....my tank looks empty.lol..

when the eggs become wigglers, do they stay on the wall of the cave or do they drop?....i don't see the eggs on the wall no more, but the female is staying inside of the cave on the floor....i can't see in there....i hope she has not ate them....now i'm having a mini bacteria bloom, maybe i'm overfeeding since the mollies are not there anymore.....i have noticed the male become a lot more shy also....do you think i should use tank buddies tabs for the bacteria bloom or might that kill the eggs?

:animal0068:Hello. I've merged your threads to save some space.
    Thanks!
    Ken