I rescued a Betta today

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by CodyJ, Jan 12, 2013.

1. CodyJ

CodyJValued MemberMember

Today I went to petsmart with my grandpa and I showed him the fish I got for my 26g tank...and he was so nice he bought me a crowntail female Betta I'm so happy I still need to name it and place it in the tank (planted) and my grandpa's dog started barking at it :) it is dark blue and some red tint at the edge of its tail

2. riptide904

riptide904Valued MemberMember

Cool! Post some pictures :)
    You could always go with Finn, lol. I find my fish sort of name themselves over time, like a name suddenly pops into your head that seems absolutely perfect for his personality. I didn't name my goldfish Kirby until two weeks ago!

3. OP
    OP
    CodyJ

CodyJValued MemberMember

I wish I could...but tomorrow I will put it as my avatar hopefully it likes its new home...fin is a good name :0

4. lllllblader

lllllbladerWell Known MemberMember

I have a name idea!
    Penelapee

5. OP
    OP
    CodyJ

CodyJValued MemberMember

6. lllllblader

xD What a coincidence! If you don't want that name, try Mr. Cuddles! :p

7. JessiNoel21

JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

Ms. Cuddles seeing it is a female :)

8. lllllblader

Yay! Glad you chose the name! :)

9. JessiNoel21

I am not the poster lol freshpuffer is. :)

10. OP
    OP
    CodyJ

CodyJValued MemberMember

XD what do you think of nova

11. Tonia

ToniaWell Known MemberMember

Nova is a very nice name! Glad you rescued a poor little cup fishy!

12. OP
    OP
    CodyJ

CodyJValued MemberMember

*Drum roll* I...picked.......Nova :)unless you keep putting in names I will keep an open mind and tell me about ur bettas if u have one

13. Bettalover99

Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

I have had several betta fish ; I named them glennifer Lopez and Patrick suasey after my aunt and uncle Glenn and patty who bought them. Buckey was my rescue betta. The girl tried to kill him. His name was already buckey. I also had Dino . Now I have king . I had angel and Molly she looked like a Molly LOLOL but I like naming them funny things ;)

14. OP
    OP
    CodyJ

CodyJValued MemberMember

@bettalover haha glennifer Lopez I see what u did there :)

15. lllllblader

I rescued a Betta yesterday too... I called him Robert.

16. Bettalover99

Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

Aha ;) how's your tank?

17. JessiNoel21

Lets see here are my Bettas in the order that I got them Airey(VT 2005-2012 RIP my handsome boy), Oden(Now lives went my grandma to keep her company and is spoiled rotten in a 20 gallon tank with tons of plants lol)(DT 2010-), Liberty(DDT 2012-2012 shipping stress killed him RIP my bright boy), Lighting ( VT 2012-)(My nephew's that he takes very good care of :) ), Blaze (CT 2012-)( Found him in a carriage in 98 degree weather), Callie(VT 2012-2012 Cut her belly on a sharp plastic plant so I had to use clove oil to end her pain), Goldikova ( HM 2010-)(Got from a betta rescue), Charlie (VT 2012-), and Raven and Ponyo (CT&VT 2012-)(Still a baby and growing each day).

18. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Don't forget Valentine although technically he is Taleighs ;)

19. JessiNoel21

Lol I saw that I forgot him so here he is Valentine(HM 2012- Taleigh's betta)

20. OP
    OP
    CodyJ

CodyJValued MemberMember

My tank is good he is black around the face. Purple on the body and blue on the fins and red at the tip of her back fin