I Regret to Report

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
Rusty has died. I had a betta a while ago that simply seemed to die of old age...Rusty was very large when I got him at Petsmart and was fully grown. I think that was what it was because he acted very much the same way, becoming rather listless and uninterested in anything all of the sudden. With the other one I was unable to do anything at all and so I just tried to make him comfortable till the end. I feel saddened by this and I wish I could be sure that I did all that I could for him. He was a very feisty fish while he was well, even during his finrot problems, and was very interested in his surroundings. I don't regret buying him from Petsmart before the little cup he was in broke that feisty spirit. I'll miss him and I probably won't get another betta. It may sound foolish of me and possibly it is just the moment. Anyway I appreciate the help and advice I got about him from everyone but most particularly Rose who has been a good friend. I will probably still come around this forum and hopefully share the benefit of my experiences as a betta keeper with others.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh, poe, I am so sorry!! I just could not feel worse for you. You know that I do know how you feel and if there is anything I can do please let me know. I know that you are aware that you were an excellent betta parent and a loving dad, so I will not try to persuade you to do anything now. Just do not completely close the door on the chance of ever owning another fish like you have, please. You and I both know that making this kind of decision at a time like this is not the easiest thing to do and may be regretted later.

You are in my thoughts and my deepest sympathies go to you, my dear friend.

Rose
:'(

:'( :'( R.I.P. Rusty We will miss you :'( :'(

cherryrose

Well Known
Reaction score
I am also very sorry for your loss. I know it must really make you sad. Maybe someday you will decide to get another.

CherryRose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm so sorry to hear about Rusty You were a very good Betta parent and give excellent advice. There are others here and others who will be here who can benefit from your experiences so please do not go away.
Carol

divakeeks

Reaction score
Poe,

I am very sorry to hear this news. I, too, understand how it feels to have lost a betta as I have lost two in the last couple years. I have benefited from your advice on this forum from reading many posts where you have had input.

I enjoyed hearing the stories about Rusty and he will always remain in my heart as I feel I knew him well.

Again, I am sorry for your loss. Hugs and sympathy from the crew in Texas!

-- Kelly, Lilex, Blackie, Ivory, Goldie, and Spot

nmwierman1977

Well Known
Reaction score
Poefox, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You really were such a terrific daddy to Rusty. You 've always made sure he was ok even when he wasn't. Please don't go away from this part of the forum. We will all miss you too much if you do. You do give great advice. You are in my thoughts. Rusty rest in peace. Natalie

OP
P

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your kindness. I like this forum very much and the people are the best part of it.

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
I am so sorry about Rusty.  :'(  Take comfort in knowing you gave him a great life and he didn't have to spend his last moments dying in a cup at the store or in a tiny bowl somewhere.

AesSedai

Reaction score
(((((poefox))))))

I am SOO sorry for your loss!! You can be sure that you did all that you could do hun. You did so much more than the hundreds that walk by Bettas and leave them there, in their cups, to die and suffer...and that was just the beginning. Then you gave Rusty so much love.

I'd hate to see give up on Betta. There are too few ambassadors for the Betta. You, surely, are one.

Namaste Dear One.

I'm soo sorry !!

OP
P

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
Thank you Phlox and Aesdai. I'm missing the little guy but your kind words help.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am so sorry about Rusty. :'( :'( :'( It is so hard to lose a fishy. Just know that you gave him a wonderful life and rescued him from a miserable on in a bowl. I think maybe you will find yourself wanting another Betta after a while...but of course that's up to you. Once again I am sorry about your loss.

Timesdragonfly

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that. Give yourself the time you need before even thinking about getting another one. I'm sure you did all you could.

New Threads