I really wish my betta wouldn't...

lyndra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
tease the cats...

I don't mind when he chases the younger one because she sits ontop of the hood when she tries to break in...

but when he harrasses the older, smarter cat I get worried.

BikkI has learnt that if you don't sit on the lid.. you can lift it up... of course all Firesong does is swim over to BikkI and flare at him and wiggle and look enticing like a nice colourful kitty treat:-\ it drives both cats crazy.

*sigh*

What does your betta do that you really wish s/he wouldn't?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cute story!

Nothing gives you a start like looking in your betta tank to find it seemingly empty!

I have a castle in Scarlette's tank. She would swim up inside (badly placed holes) to sleep. I finally plugged the holes for fear she'd get stuck.

Puppy Dog Eyezz (who I don't think I ever properly introduced to the forum) likes swim into the 3I whisper filter. I lost the lid a while ago.
I looked in the tank one day and she was gone! Shortly after she swam happily out.

Naughty bettas!

pinksprklmonkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Strangely enough... my betta likes to rip up his java fern. I keep putting it back and he keeps ripping it up. By the end of the day it's always floating! He also likes to scare me to death by hiding (not in his cave) but behind the filter or the heater! He doesn't even go in his cave. LOL. Strange critter. He also flairs at my cats but they seem to say (after looking up at me), "That thing looks scary... I'm gonna go take a nap." But he's definitely entertaining!

lyndra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My other betta floats at odd angles when he's chilling.. tail up, nose down tends to be a favourite of his.. he has scared family members a couple of times when he's pulled this trick.

cajunfiberco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fleur likes to shimmy behind the heater. I'm afraid she will get stuck!

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My old betta, Magnum (who was a female lol), liked to lay on the gravel. I haven't seen any of Ziggy's (my new betta) tricks yet.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads