I really want a betta

1. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

I dont know much about bettas but I have a 5.5 gallon empty I just need a filter and a heater which I can get. I was looking on aquabid and saw this guy I was is awe hes so colorful
    [​IMG]

My question is what is the best kind to get? im clueless.

Heres the ad:HERE

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I would get whatever one you like :)

The longer the finnage, the more work to keep them healthy but still fun fish.

Plakats are shorter fins and also fun. Walking through a pet store to purchase one, usually ends up with one picking you as their owner instead of you picking them :)

Good Luck! Sounds like a fun new adventure for you!

3. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Its up to you what fin type you want to get! I've have all of them except Double Tail. I still haven't found that perfect HMDT yet....

Some of my boys:

Gambit, HM:

[​IMG]

Chisaii, CTPK

[​IMG]

Ryuu, King

[​IMG]

Katsu Kaida, Delta

[​IMG]

Chi, HMPK

[​IMG]

I love lots of fins, but the short finned bettas tend to be much more spunky X3

4. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

and also what kind of filter should i get i know they dont like strong currents

by the way your delta is awesome!

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks! Katsu was a PetSmart find =3 I like my AquaClear filters.

6. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Maybe ill do another marina they have ajustable flow.I was looking at petco they had the beautiful red male i forgot what kind i was so tempted to buy him but i didnt have a tank up lol

7. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

8. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Some like to play in the bubbles, but no, as long as you've got a filter.

9. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

ok that will save money :D

10. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Im gonna set the tank up and cycle it and wait :D

11. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

You could throw the filter media in one of your cycled tanks to get it seeded. I like to keep my filters stuffed with foam so I can use them when I need them.....like when I see a pretty betta that I need to buy. Of course, I also have a spare tank, heater, and multiple filters of all sizes too...

12. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

13. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

The first is very pretty! I have to get a filter yet then ill start cycling

14. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Can I use any silk plants or do the have to be specifically for aquarium use.

15. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I bought flowers from Dollar Tree, and used them in my 20 long. I picked white ones, so I didn't have to worry about them leaching or anything. WalMart has 1, 3 and 5 packs of plants in their fish section that I ended up with a bunch of some how, so its mostly though LOL