I Put A Jewel Cichlid In A Community Tank

Bodacious

Reaction score
I broke the rule of thumb to never put a cichlid in a community tank, I said why not and whatever happens happens and did it anyway and so far he’s getting along with the other fish and everything is going well, I was told jewels are one of the more peaceful of the chichlids but I was still told not to do it lol.

My tank has
-2 gouramis
-2 giant danios
-1 dojo loach
-1 rhino pleco
-1 jewel cichlid

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If it works it works. Just keep in mind that cichlids are cichilds. Some that are peaceful can become aggressive over time.

Sina-key

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I heard that jewel cichlids are a bit community friendly but when the get paired and want to lay eggs they will turn to super aggressive killing machines

Bodacious

Reaction score
Sina-key said:
I heard that jewel cichlids are a bit community friendly but when the get paired and want to lay eggs they will turn to super aggressive killing machines
What are some other peaceful more community friendly African cichlids

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
African cichlids generally aren't community friendly. If you want to keep cichlids in a community, dwarf cichlids such as German blue rams, Bolivian rams, or apistos are your best bet.

Bodacious

Reaction score
shutterbug13 said:
African cichlids generally aren't community friendly. If you want to keep cichlids in a community, dwarf cichlids such as German blue rams, Bolivian rams, or apistos are your best bet.
Thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom