I Need Tank Stocking Advice

Sarai93p

Reaction score
I'm thinking of stocking a 75 gallon community tank with 4 dwarf goirami's and about 10 guppies, 6 Molly's, 10 tetras and 2 plecos.

It will be a planted tank with a variety of hiding places.

I did research and I think all these fish will get along and do well as long as I keep the pH at like 7-7.5

Is this a good idea?

I've never had goirami's though, I'm thinking of not going with those and going with a angel or German ram

My main goal is to avoid bullying in the tank

Also how do you sex a Molly or tetra? I'd like to keep a single gender to prevent breeding

OP
S

Sarai93p

Reaction score
Okay so I reconsiderd the gourami's and decided on German blue Rams. I like the colors better, but like the bigger size of the pearls. So maybe both?. There just won't be wiggle room from that 7 pH and my tap is 7.5, which while be a challenge I haven't had to face before

OP
S

Sarai93p

Reaction score
How do I sex a Molly or tetra? I'd like to prevent breeding, but am ordering juveniles. I'd like to pull the females once they mature and put into a separate tank

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Sarai93p said:
Okay so I reconsiderd the gourami's and decided on German blue Rams. I like the colors better, but like the bigger size of the pearls. So maybe both?. There just won't be wiggle room from that 7 pH and my tap is 7.5, which while be a challenge I haven't had to face before
Maybe consider Bolivian rams? The blues need really warm water and significantly reduces your possible stock.
Not much wiggle room with a PH of 7? You could keep most fish at that with no problems
Sarai93p said:
How do I sex a Molly or tetra? I'd like to prevent breeding, but am ordering juveniles. I'd like to pull the females once they mature and put into a separate tank
Female molly's will have rounder and sometimes longer fins than males. Tetras, I'm not sure

New Threads