I need strength...

LilaBean

Reaction score
I just found out today that my beloved cat Fozzy, my cat I had as a kid, who's about 16 years old now, is going to have to be put down. :'( :'( :'( Fozzy still lives at my parents in rural Ellington CT. She loves it there being an outdoor cat, she thrived and was the best hunter for us. She got all the mice, rabbits, sometimes squirells (sorry isabella) bats, and even blue birds (why my mom called her killer!) She always left us tokens of her gratitude and she was my absolute love at the same tiime. Fozzy was a long haired persian mix? of some sort. she was the runt of the litter, of a friend of my mom's, who was going to kill her if noone took her. Fozzy was the best cat and this is just the worst news to find out today. I am so sad. :'( :'( :'( I just have to be strong and know that her life was so good and so precious to me that I don't want to remember her any other way. I am going to look for some pics to post of her so you all can see how beautiful she is and will always be remembered as. LILA

OP
L

LilaBean

Reaction score
this was this past christmas...

lolagurl

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your cat......that's sad..when was the last time you saw him
I have a cat who likes too hunt and is indoor and outdoor too......but has never caughta rabbit...yikes..I would think that would be hard for a cat

MamaM

Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. It's not easy saying goodbye to a beloved furry friend. We had to put down our 16 year-old cat Blackie 4 years ago, and it was hard. But she had diabetes, and even with insulin shots, it was taking a toll on her body and she was suffering. She died peacefully, knowing she was loved. My prayers are with you during this time.

She is a beautiful cat, and I know you will cherish the memories you had with her during her long & happy life.

Sharon

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
So sorry :'( :'( :'( Such a beautiful kitty :'( Why does she have to euthanized? I assume it's some disease or some other complication due to old age?

But when you look at the bright side ... she has lived 16 years (and that's a lot as for a cat), and she was well cared for and loved All things come to an end, all living creatures die sooner or later, so I think it's not really the length of time one has lived that should matter but the way one has lived. I mean, I obviously wouldn't want to have a short life ... but if I had to choose between a long and terrible life, full of misery and suffering ... and a short one but lived well, I think I'd chose the second one. Yes, we have to do our best to live healthy, long, and happy lives, but in the end your never really know when your end will come. That's why we shouldn't worry too much about death.

Anyway, once again, I am very sorry for your loss. I understand how you're feeling as I myself thought a few months ago that I had to put my - then - very small kitten to sleep. I was very sad then and I even cried. Thanks God it turned out she's healthy. One day my cats will die too, and I will be very sad when that happens. I can't imagine my house and my family without my pets. But ... as death is not something that I can control, I just try to give my pets the best life possible while they're alive. Whatever happens beyond that, must happen. Such is life.

Just think of the fact that she had a very good life with your family

LilaBean said:
... She got all the mice, rabbits, sometimes squirrels (sorry isabella) bats, and even blue birds ...
LOL ... hehe that's OK! It's not your fault, and neither the cat's fault. It's the cat's nature to hunt But thanks for remembering my squirrels! LOL

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's really hard losing our furry friends.
Carol

OP
L

LilaBean

Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, the next couple weeks may be the hardest--but I iwll be strong!! Thanks Again-- LILA

OP
L

LilaBean

Reaction score
today was the day-- I guess I was hoping she would make it longer-- but she was the best cat and is now in eternal springtime!! it was a long hard day, but I made it--forever a good night and good morning to my beloved FOZZY...I will always love her--

New Threads