I Need Something To Slow Down My Filter

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have an Aqueon 10 gallon filter and I know it runs too fast for my betta and was wondering if anyone can send me a link to where I can buy something to slow down the flow a little bit ? Not like a ton just a little because otherwise a film will cover my water. Thanks

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Pre filter sponges help, as well as protects your Betta from getting his fins ripped.

jaymethy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know if this will work, but maybe try putting a rock inside the filter to stop it from being able to process as much water. I've never tried it, but I figure you might as well try because it wont cost you anything.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
jaymethy said:
I don't know if this will work, but maybe try putting a rock inside the filter to stop it from being able to process as much water. I've never tried it, but I figure you might as well try because it wont cost you anything.
A rock???

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jaymethy said:
It wouldn’t hurt to try. Though I’ve not seen what the filter looks like. A rock might push water around but will it reduce flow? Not sure. It’s a theory that should be tried out.

almrds

Valued Member
Reaction score
The only thing I ever got to work was cutting a sponge to fit in the output (where the water was coming out too strong) and it worked perfectly. You may have to cut several sizes to get it to work like you want, but I tried a bunch of different things and this finally worked

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom