i need some advice

1. navita01 Initiate Member

i noticed one of my fish is not moving and just staying at the bottom, what should i do. should i change the water?
    i found out that the prob is similar to lethargy and clamp fin base on my research.

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

According to your Aquarium Profile Information, you are not aware of the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle (link underlined in blue) which is crucial to fish keeping. Check it out and if you have questions, by all means please ask. We are all here to help each other.

If you are aware of the cycling, and you can post readings for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and pH it will be a great help.

Since you recently started your aquarium on 3/1/12, I doubt that it is cycled unless you have used a bacteria additive such as Tetra Safe Start (TSS). Your fish may be suffering from Ammonia Poisoning due to being in an aquarium that hasn't cycled.

Clamped fins may be a sign of stress. A water change is always a good place to start when your fish aren't feeling up to par or are not acting right.

Best wishes for your fish!

Ken

3. navita01 Initiate Member

i have already change the water, my fish swim a bit but after a few minutes it stay again at the bottom.

im treating my tank for almost 1 week with methyline every other day. 1 of my fish has fin rot, and its disappearing now.