I Need Instructions On Proper Dosing Of Metroplex In Food For The Whole Tank.

1. Mizzom

Mizzom New Member Member

I went to the LFS to purchase some meds for my new clown fish that I suspect has the wasting/skinny disease and would like some specific instruction on:
    how many days in succession to I feed the fish with the dosed pellets/blood worms?
    When and how often do I do a water change while treating
    Was thinking about doing a water change tonight and putting some api Epsom salt after water change - is this a good idea? how often to use Epsom salt?
    I am leaving Saturday for a week, so should I would like to get as much treatment in the tank as I can before I leave on Saturday morning.
    Do I leave for a week with a fresh water change and no meds? Will this weeks treatment be enough?
    My clowns are acting normally and eating, but one I can see the bone all the down his side. ( I posted a pic several days ago when I asked for advise, but unfortunately no one answered my question)
    Thanks in advance.

2. Rivermonster

Rivermonster Valued Member Member

1 scoop per 1 teaspoon of food roughly but any not absorbed by food goes into water anyway which is good. Its like 1 scoop per 50 litres water so if your tank is 150L do 1 scoop in food and add remainder into water. You can does every 24 hours if i remem? Id does every day, then water change day before you leave and put one dose in after water change.
    A line down the side could be some sort of lateral line disease and not internal worms/parasite.
    Epsom salts are basicly magnesium and probably no use to a sick fish unless your water lacks magnesium

3. Rivermonster

Rivermonster Valued Member Member

If 150L i meant put 1 scoop in food and 2 scoops in tank. Double check instructions though because i used on freshwater tank

4. OP
    OP
    Mizzom

Mizzom New Member Member

Thanks very much for your response. I put it in their food last night and will continue to do so until I leave. My normal WC day is today, so will do one, then a one again before I leave. I hope that does the trick.
    I had this happen once before with a clown loach last year and it died before I knew what was wrong. I don't want it to happen again if I can help it.

Thanks again. Will post an update after I get back, until then, I'll keep putting it into their food until I go.