I Need Instructions On Proper Dosing Of Metroplex In Food For The Whole Tank.

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Mizzom, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Mizzom

Mizzom New Member Member

I went to the LFS to purchase some meds for my new clown fish that I suspect has the wasting/skinny disease and would like some specific instruction on:
    how many days in succession to I feed the fish with the dosed pellets/blood worms?
    When and how often do I do a water change while treating
    Was thinking about doing a water change tonight and putting some api Epsom salt after water change - is this a good idea? how often to use Epsom salt?
    I am leaving Saturday for a week, so should I would like to get as much treatment in the tank as I can before I leave on Saturday morning.
    Do I leave for a week with a fresh water change and no meds? Will this weeks treatment be enough?
    My clowns are acting normally and eating, but one I can see the bone all the down his side. ( I posted a pic several days ago when I asked for advise, but unfortunately no one answered my question)
    Thanks in advance.

2. Rivermonster

Rivermonster Valued Member Member

1 scoop per 1 teaspoon of food roughly but any not absorbed by food goes into water anyway which is good. Its like 1 scoop per 50 litres water so if your tank is 150L do 1 scoop in food and add remainder into water. You can does every 24 hours if i remem? Id does every day, then water change day before you leave and put one dose in after water change.
    A line down the side could be some sort of lateral line disease and not internal worms/parasite.
    Epsom salts are basicly magnesium and probably no use to a sick fish unless your water lacks magnesium

3. Rivermonster

Rivermonster Valued Member Member

If 150L i meant put 1 scoop in food and 2 scoops in tank. Double check instructions though because i used on freshwater tank

4. OP
    OP
    Mizzom

Mizzom New Member Member

Thanks very much for your response. I put it in their food last night and will continue to do so until I leave. My normal WC day is today, so will do one, then a one again before I leave. I hope that does the trick.
    I had this happen once before with a clown loach last year and it died before I knew what was wrong. I don't want it to happen again if I can help it.

Thanks again. Will post an update after I get back, until then, I'll keep putting it into their food until I go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice