I Need Helppp

mommamolly

Reaction score
So i have two 30 gallon tanks with mollies in each. I have two really pregnant fenales who have looked like they are about to pop for the last 10 days. Ive been watching them for the past 5 and a half weeks and I feel as though they should have given birth already I have them in my breeder tank seperate from the others and yet I find babies in my larger tanks almost on a daily basis from females that never even got fattened up. What to do next. I have provided hiding for the babies born into larger tank and also started feeding smaller meals 2 to 3 times a day yet they are still eaten so my questions are
When the heck will my planned babies be here and how do i protect the ones who I had no idea were coming!

Bry

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I really don't know what to tell you lol. I have 2 mollies and 2 platies in a 37 gallon, no one looked pregnant then all of the sudden I had six fry. So I don't know who had the babies. After they were born one of my platies looks heavily pregnant, but has looked that way for another a month now and nothing.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Get a ton of surface cover in one corner of the tank that goes from top to bottom, the fry will hide in here, heavier planted tanks (live or fake, doesn't really matter, just enough area the adult fish cannot get into) are better for fry because they can get away from the adults easier.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of pearl weed for fry, I float a large clump on top of some stem plants and it provides loves of hiding space for fry (and snails).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom