I need help with uploading Iphone videos to YT

PAcanis

Maybe there's a problem with youtube, but it's probably a me thing.
I can't access my gallery from youtube when I go to choose a video to upload. Not all the time anyway.

I click the + sign
I choose Upload a video

And what I see most of the time are two videos I have already uploaded to YT.
Every once in a while I'm given a choice between two things to click on, one being to allow YT access to my videos/photos (I don't remember exactly what they say), but most of the time I only see a video showing that is already on YT.

Odd thing is: I uploaded two videos, but am only seeing one video showing.
After much back and forth, in to and out of windows/screens, I did manage to upload another video a little bit ago, so now when I went to upload the second video I'm seeing one that was uploaded last week and the new one.
But I can't get into my gallery again.

I'm Googled out trying to find an answer to this.
Does anyone understand what I'm trying to explain? Maybe know what I'm doing wrong?

Shoot. Completely forgot about the restraints on posting back to back posts.
----------New Post----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, for whatever reason I finally got this again

screenshot2.PNG

Most of the time I am only seeing the video thumbnails like I said, but I finally had the option to Select More Photos... and choose another video to upload.

Why am I not always getting this window to choose more photos/videos?

BigManAquatics

I blame iPhones. Never have had that issue with Android.

PAcanis

I blame iPhones. Never have had that issue with Android.

Could be.
Maybe it has something to do with the apps staying loaded in the background... Maybe I need to close out all the YT apps still loaded. Just spitballin'. But we did just get a new update. I'm very new to uploading videos anyway.

It's been a learning curve for sure, switching from Androids to an iPhone about a year ago.
But I can't see me ever going back to Androids.

BigManAquatics

Could be.
Maybe it has something to do with the apps staying loaded in the background... Maybe I need to close out all the YT apps still loaded. Just spitballin'. But we did just get a new update. I'm very new to uploading videos anyway.

It's been a learning curve for sure, switching from Androids to an iPhone about a year ago.
But I can't see me ever going back to Androids.
That does sound like a good thing to try, at least. Maybe clearing a cache or two might help as well if closing background programs doesn't work.

I had an iPod for awhile...never going back to any apple product again

PAcanis

I had an iPod for awhile...never going back to any apple product again

My iPod has been running non-stop for about 15 years. Up til then I was buying a new 5 stack CD player every year.
And I imagine that iPod playing in the background was why one of my videos had a copyright claim attached to it, lol.

All the videos had the music in the background, so I'm not sure about this nonsense either.

BigManAquatics

My iPod has been running non-stop for about 15 years. Up til then I was buying a new 5 stack CD player every year.
And I imagine that iPod playing in the background was why one of my videos had a copyright claim attached to it, lol.

All the videos had the music in the background, so I'm not sure about this nonsense either.
My problem was...went from a microsoft suppirted mp3 player with about 3,000 songs on it...after converting to a format for iPod, that went down to about 700 songs...even though bith had the same size hard drive.

A lot of people have music in the background of YT vids, so other than maybe the copyright claim, shouldn't be a problem. And that copyright claim may because of how much of the song played. I know they usually only play about 30-45 secs of a lot of songs on sportstalk radio because of that.

PAcanis

Yeah, a lot of people don't understand copyrighted stuff.
As long as you aren't making money off of it or claiming it to be your own, posting a picture or video, or having something in the background, certainly should not be an issue.

But something must have alerted the YT police to this one particular video. And it was not the longest one. And my channel is restricted anyway, so I obviously have not monetized it.

BigManAquatics

I think my vids are all 20 secs or less, if even that long lol

PAcanis

I think my vids are all 20 secs or less, if even that long lol

Not that long ;)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• NKlamerus
  • Videos
Replies
Views
PeteStevers
Replies