i need help w/ copper safe

1. Bubble15 Initiate Member

hi i've a problem my fish got ich. i got copper safe. that's what they gave me in the store for ich, but on the bottle it says: "use 1 teaspoon for 4 galons of water, treats water for 1 month". does that mean i have to add 1 teaspoon per 4 gallons every day for a month? or just 1 teaspoon is for the whole month?

has anybody ever used copper safe? i'm confused about how 2 use it :-\

2. Bubble15 Initiate Member

my fishes had ich for like a week now but i can't use coppersafe cause i dunno how, can i wait long w/ ich?

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Do a really large water change and then follow the directions. Most medications work by building up to a certain concentration. Thats why it says to use it for that length of time.
    What kind of fish do you have?
    Carol

4. Bubble15 Initiate Member

hi. thanks 4 writing me! i have a couple o' zebra danios, that's it. my problem's that i don't undertand those instructions, maybe u can help me. on the bottle it says USE 1 TEASPOON FOR 4 GALLONS OF WATER. TREATS WATER FOR ONE MONTH. that's exacly what it says ther. my question is do i use 1 teaspoon per 4 g's just once a month, or do i use 1 teaspoon per 4g's every day for 30 days (a month) ? what do u think those instruction say?

5. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Here's what I would do.
    First, do a largesh water change, say 35%.
    After replacing the water, add the copper safe as directed at 1 teaspoon per 4 gallons.
    As you do your water changes , replace the medicine in a like amount.
    For every 4 gallons you take out, when you replace the water, add another teaspoon of copper safe.

Personally, I keep most of my fish at 82F, and do not have problems with ich, as it does not live at that high a temperature inits free swimming stage.

hope this helps,

Dino

6. Bubble15 Initiate Member

all rite Dino thanks man, thanks 4 helpin me! i ccan't real wait anylonger the ich is killing my fish :( so this is wha I'll do: i'll add 1 teaspoon per 4 g's of water only once a month, & if i make water change in that month i'll add as much coppersafe as i took out, rite? thanks man