i need help w/ copper safe

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Bubble15, Dec 7, 2005.

1. B

Bubble15 New Member Member

hi i've a problem my fish got ich. i got copper safe. that's what they gave me in the store for ich, but on the bottle it says: "use 1 teaspoon for 4 galons of water, treats water for 1 month". does that mean i have to add 1 teaspoon per 4 gallons every day for a month? or just 1 teaspoon is for the whole month?

has anybody ever used copper safe? i'm confused about how 2 use it :-\

2. OP
    OP
    B

my fishes had ich for like a week now but i can't use coppersafe cause i dunno how, can i wait long w/ ich?

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Do a really large water change and then follow the directions. Most medications work by building up to a certain concentration. Thats why it says to use it for that length of time.
    What kind of fish do you have?
    Carol

4. OP
    OP
    B

hi. thanks 4 writing me! i have a couple o' zebra danios, that's it. my problem's that i don't undertand those instructions, maybe u can help me. on the bottle it says USE 1 TEASPOON FOR 4 GALLONS OF WATER. TREATS WATER FOR ONE MONTH. that's exacly what it says ther. my question is do i use 1 teaspoon per 4 g's just once a month, or do i use 1 teaspoon per 4g's every day for 30 days (a month) ? what do u think those instruction say?

5. Dino

Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Here's what I would do.
    First, do a largesh water change, say 35%.
    After replacing the water, add the copper safe as directed at 1 teaspoon per 4 gallons.
    As you do your water changes , replace the medicine in a like amount.
    For every 4 gallons you take out, when you replace the water, add another teaspoon of copper safe.

Personally, I keep most of my fish at 82F, and do not have problems with ich, as it does not live at that high a temperature inits free swimming stage.

hope this helps,

Dino

6. OP
    OP
    B

all rite Dino thanks man, thanks 4 helpin me! i ccan't real wait anylonger the ich is killing my fish :( so this is wha I'll do: i'll add 1 teaspoon per 4 g's of water only once a month, & if i make water change in that month i'll add as much coppersafe as i took out, rite? thanks man

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice