I need help regarding my different fish in my Aquarium

catchwaqas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello my Aquarium is 84 cm length and 35 cm depth i have 4 diff species of fish in it i have 6 sharks 2 Koi 6 goldfish i got 2 goldfish bigger in size so they ate much food and other fish are not much bigger in sizes so i find they dun eat much becoz all the food i put are eaten in abt 2 mins by the 2 big goldfish any one tell me wot should i do take those 2 big gold fish out or not?

My Aquarium Pics

this is my aquarium a month old only with sum gold fish and blue line sharks in it hope u guys like it and give me sum suggestions abt keepin more fish in it

Attachments

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You have quite a mix there! Judging from the pic it seems like your sharks are 2 albino rainbow sharks, 2 mistic sharks, adn a bala shark. Is this right? And then you have 2 koi and 2 goldfish. I am afraid that you have some compatibility issues here.

First you can only have one rainbow per tank, they get aggresive against their own kind or fish that look similar, and may show aggresion to smaller fish too.
The other sharks get too big for your tank. Mistics and balas get really big, not to mention koi.
Also you fish that should be kept at different temperatures. kois and goldfish are cold water while the sharks are tropical.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you need to rearrenge your fish stock somehow.

Do you know how many gallons/liters your tank is?

sorry, there are 6 goldfish, 2 of them being bigger. I never had goldfish before, but members here recommend 20 gallon for the 1st and 10 gallon for each additional one. If we follow that rule, to keep 6 goldfish you will need a 60g tank.

70g actually, obviously i am not a mathematician

catchwaqas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
thanx for ur reply bro ive msged u pvt can u reply

Ariolex thanx for ur reply anyways yes the species u mentioned abt my fish are all correct but i problem I'm facing is abt the 2 big gold fish which ate much n other fish r not able to eat much so wot should i do? should i take those 2 biggys out of the tank? are all my fish compaitable??

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
np mate, i already replied.
I am really amazed that other members (more experienced than me, i am a newbie too) are not giving some advice here. Well, i guess is because is mother day.
Anyway, how long have this fish been with you? Do you think you can have them changed?

catchwaqas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
well the sharks r there in the tank for a month now and small gold fish abt 15 days the 2 big gold fish i bought 4 days ago i hope u can read my question in my last reply here

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My advice will be to restock with different species if possible and to do a bit of research and post questions here about species requirements/compatability before restocking. Do you think that will be a possibility?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You'll get more responses by not typing in text speak.....many people pass on by when they have to decipher what you're saying. Just a helpful hint.

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
sorry i just saw your question now. I would say that they are not close to be compatible. As I mentioned, I never had golfish before but they require lower temp than the sharks or the koi.

and koi are really a pond fish. Mystic/iridescent sharks get to 3 feet long

catchwaqas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
well i think all sharks r compatiable living together I'm worried abt the gold fish thing

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, returning the goldfish could be a short-term solution since you will have compatible fish in terms of temperature.

The link below explains about the rainbows behaviour:
https://www.fishlore.com/profiles_rainbow_shark.htm
This are a few pics of mystics and info

catchwaqas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
so u think all these sharks are ok in my tank?? and these sharks can live together? how fast does they grow bigger? the rainbow sharks are vvvery slow always hiding at the bottom,and how many more sharks i can keep here in this tank i don't know eaxct galon but i told u the cm thingy

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
catchwaqas, please type in normal speech. more people are likely to answer your post if you do. regarding your fish situation, you should get rid of all of the fish except if you want to keep a single or POSSIBLY 2 depending on your filtration. the ammonia produced by goldfish can harm the sharks and the other goldfish as well. keeping that many goldfish in a small tank won't work,either your fish will die or they will have a miserable life. yes the rule is 20 g for the first goldfish and 10 for each following. you should seriously consider either rehoming all fish and start over or upgrade to at least a 75 gallon since the sharks get up to 3 ft each and for a good size for all of the goldfish. the goldfish do need a lower temp and will be uncomfortable if the water is too warm.

catchwaqas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
thanx for ur reply josh i will definitely do sumthing will return the big gold fish and which speice of fish should i get?? mollies? angelfish?? i would love to have more fish in the tank but i can't

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
and yes that is normal rainbow's behaviour, they mostly inhabit the bottom of your tank and like to hide so hiding places should be provided

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
if you are planning on getting anymore fish you need to know the size of the tank you said it is 84 cm long and 35 cm high what is the width?

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
here is an idea....keep one of the rainbows and add a group of 6 tiger barbs...or maybe a school of tetras...

i mean, keep only one rainbow out of the existing fish

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
ariolex please stop double posting. use the edit button please

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You should definetly add some plants and maybe some places to hide. The only info I could find on the "blue line shark" called it a paroon shark and said that they get to 25 inches or bigger so you may want to reconsider having them in there with your goldfish

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
oh ok, sorry i am learning to use the forum

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi Catch. I definitely would do as Sneaky says and put some hiding places in there. Just make sure the decorations are big enough so the fish can't get stuck in them. I had a small cave in my tank for my smaller fish, and my goldfish got stuck in there! He had to stay in there all day until my dad got home and could get him out! Lol, silly fish.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads