I need help from Oscar keepers

CoryVang
So i cant figure out if my oscar is just being an oscar or is he actually becoming sick. He is swiming lethargically and also resting on his side at the bottom at the tank also he wont eat. Also if he is becoming ill it might be swim bladder issues but he swims straight tho no problem but every so often he would swim and go on his side while swimming
Or my oscar might just be stressed because i did a big water change around 75-80% I also just added a new fish in the tank too a P bass so that might be it but even tho they get along and stay near each other

AggressiveAquatics
CoryVang
AggressiveAquatics said:
It does sound like he’s ill. Could you fill out the emergency template please
My water parameters are
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
Nitrates 10ppm
pH 7.8
Ive only noticed these signs today before he was active its just today i notice him being lethargic

AggressiveAquatics
CoryVang said:
My water parameters are
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
Nitrates 10ppm
pH 7.8
Ive only noticed these signs today before he was active its just today i notice him being lethargic
That’s part of it but could you please copy and paste the emergency template and fill everything out. (Click on the words emergency template to see it) Sorry but it will help a lot

CoryVang
AggressiveAquatics said:
That’s part of it but could you please copy and paste the emergency template and fill everything out. (Click on the words emergency template to see it) Sorry but it will help a lot
Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 125g
How long has the tank been running? 3-4 months
Does it have a filter? Yes fx4
Does it have a heater? Yes hygger 500w and marine land visi therm 100w
What is the water temperature? 79-80F
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.)
1 oscar and 1 P bass

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Once every week
How much of the water do you change? 75%
What do you use to treat your water? Api stress coat +
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?
I vaccum the subtrate and water

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? Api fresh water test kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia:0ppm
Nitrite:0ppm
Nitrate:10ppm
pH:7.8

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish?twice a day
How much do you feed your fish? 1-2 pellets and 1-2 feeders for p bass
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Hikari gold mini pellets
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? Frozen blood worms

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 5 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? Today in the afternoon
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Lethargic swimming and not active and now is staying at the bottom of tank and leaning to the side a bit
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? The oscar was more active and would follow me around the tank but now hes just tired/lethargic but his colors have not changed hes still a dark black with bright redish ornge patterns.

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now) I noticed my oscar being wierd this afternoon and ive been keeping an eye on him and i noticed that he is not eating and is lethargic and not active he also has been resting at the bottom of the tank. He also looks like hes leaning to his side a bit

AggressiveAquatics
I know bass can be really aggressive. Have you seen any aggression between them?

CoryVang
AggressiveAquatics said:
I know bass can be really aggressive. Have you seen any aggression between them?
Nope they have been buddies since. they will both chase feeders that i quarintined of course! And ive been keeping watch too they havent done anything to each other. Right now my peacock bass is very timid so im pretty sure the p bass is not agressive. Also sadly this moring u woke up to my oscar not even swimming anymore hes looks like hes frozen like his body is curved frozen. He still alive tho his gills move and 1 side of his fins flap around like hes trying to swim and he can still open his mouth but everythibg else is frozen.

Top Bottom