i need digging/burrowing fish

scotty b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i have set up a tank with deep sand and need a burrowing fish that stays under 5'' , i was thinking of a handful of banjo catfish any other ideas?
its a 55 gallon tank has 1 male betta, 1 female gorami and a squeeking catfish

renthus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Skipping past the usual stuff of "bettas + anything = disaster," I'd say go with some MTS if you really really don't want to just stir it yourself. Those also aren't going to annoy the betta, although you may end up with an infestation if you aren't careful.

scotty b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
mts will only go 2'' below the sand , i need something that will dig deeper , there are a lot of people that keep bettas in community or sororities with out issues , i have had a betta in my 55 gallon community tank for 2 years no issue

scotty b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
will loches eat clams? i am trying a deep sand bed filter with lots or base rock , just toying around

Nikita

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
From what I know, the Khuli Loaches shouldn't mess with the clams. Freshwater Clams are generally not recommended for the aquarium. Since they are filter feeders they will need microorganisms to survive on. Freshwater aquariums lack these small organisms, thus starving the clams. Most of the time Freshwater Clams will die in the substrate, decay, and bring ammonia into the aquarium. IMO I think the Clams should be removed.

scotty b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I feed the tank with micro invert food, i had 10 out of 30 clams die within a day of getting them and my mts ate the remains quicker then they could rot . iif they manage to rot i have it plumbed to a planted tank where the ammonia would get "eaten"

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom