I Need An Aquarium Rack System

Drip&derp

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I am in the process of purchasing 10 new tanks. I am really nervous looking at racking systems that I need to hold several fish tanks. does anyone know of any racks that can hold several gallons (roughly 30 per level of the rack) and are very reliable??

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
With that many tanks you might want to just build your own racking system, or look up racking systems that are built custom made for stores, private homes, etc.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gorilla racks can handle up to 800lbs per shelf (4000lb per unit). There are knock offs that are similar quality. You have to look at the dimensions for what you want since you weren't too specific on your usage.

Sanderguy777

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If it was me, I'd build one. There are shelving units at Walmart that claim 5000 lb limits but I can build one from 2x6s that I would have more faith in and will not rust, and matches any decor.

Drip&derp

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sanderguy777 said:
If it was me, I'd build one. There are shelving units at Walmart that claim 5000 lb limits but I can build one from 2x6s that I would have more faith in and will not rust, and matches any decor.
we built a stand for my 13g it's holing up but it's crooked and not very attractive that's why I was looking for racking systems as I will need to find a home for 5 new 10 gallon tanks

Sanderguy777

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In that case, I'd look at Home Depot or Lowe's and maybe Amazon. But be sure to get something well reviewed. I've seen cheap Amazon shelves that were junk...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom