I need advise, PLEASE!

Debbie Manson

I am trying to find out which of my corys can live together in the same tank without being afraid of inter breeding. I have the following corys:

Pygmy Cory - Corydoras pygmaeus

Panda Cory - Corydoras panda

Bronze Cory - Corydoras aeneus

Peppered Cory - Corydoras paleatus

Salt & Pepper Cory- Corydoras habrosus

Albino Cory - Corydoras paleatus

Black Cory - Corydoras schultzeI

Leopard Cory - Corydoras trilineatus

I do not know enough about corys to know which can live together without mix breeding, so please, please can some one give me advise? Thank you so much in advance.

DioAquatics

How many of each do you have?

Coradee

Cross breeding is more likely to happen if you only have one or two of each species, when kept in larger numbers of their own kind it more often than not doesn't happen, with the exception of pandas who don't seem fussy about who they spawn with.
From your list Pygmy, habrosus & paleatus would be ok together with each species in a good size group, all of the others have a possibility of cross breeding if kept in ones & twos

aliray

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here. Are corys your favorite fish? Alison

Debbie Manson

KingD, I have 6 of each kind of cory and thank you for the help coradee and thank you for the welcome aliray and yes corys, bristlenose plecos and shrimp are all my favorites, I have recently got golden zebra loaches and some yo yo loaches that I think are super cool also

aliray

Plecos are my current favorite fish. I have 3 and I get a big kick out of watching them. How many tanks do you have? Alison

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
abb3yyy
Replies
Views
jake37
Replies
Views
JamieXPXP
Replies