I need a second school. Ideas?

Bonkers

I have 14 cherry barbs but they shoal more than school so instead of increasing the numbers I want to add a second school of fish. I want them to be a tight school. I’m thinking 10+ Harlequin Rasbora, they are small so will have to stick together more.

I have two angels so keep that in mind.

Attachments

• 81F07281-B8D3-4A0D-A732-8D771B84E316.jpeg
    81F07281-B8D3-4A0D-A732-8D771B84E316.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 46

MacZ

Want some real schoolers: rummynose tetras. But I wouldn't put them in such a bright tank. They would be in permanent stress. As would most that school, as they are often more skittish than shoalers. Otherwise 10-12 grown harlequins would work. Or some rainbows? You're not going for a geographical theme, are you?

Or maybe no second school but 2-3 more Angels of the same size? Or some mid-size tetras, that are rather stationary, but use the space better? Emperors are great with Angels.

In any case, if you got a lot more plants or floating plants and some more driftwood I bet all your fish will appreciate it and whatever schoolers you get, they will appreciate it, too. Your tank is quite bright and has a lot of open spaces, which is rather not optimal for the species you have. And the cories would love more hiding spaces. But I like the general layout. Nice choice of roots.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
55 Gallon Tank Overstocked?
Replies
Views
waterpat
  • Question
Replies
Views
stephpartin
  • Question