I Need A Rectangle Container To Hold Rodi Water That Is Cheap Important

Discussion in 'Sump' started by Matthew The Fish King, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Matthew The Fish KingNew MemberMember

Water Container

2. SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

Braced storage tote, or (not rectangular) but a plastic garage can..

3. PoorBigBlueValued MemberMember

Why does it have to be rectangular?

The 55 gallon food-safe brutes are what I've used in the past for mixing large amounts of water at once. They're pretty cheap.

Whatever you do, make sure the plastic is food-safe. If not, it could leach chemicals into your water.

I once used a rubbermaid tub to hold distilled water for a few days, and the TDS went from 0 to 16. Something in that tub dissolved into the water - I didn't use it.

4. Matthew The Fish KingNew MemberMember

It needs to be rectangular because I need to fit it under my stand unless there is something else that could fit, the the stand can fit like 20 inches in height

5. Matthew The Fish KingNew MemberMember

Will a heater be fine in a brute trash can

6. DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

There are a LOT of people using Brute trash cans for saltwater holding containers with heaters. I use a 32g for freshwater because I don't like filling my tanks directly from the tap.

If you really want a rectangular container, VP Racing has a sportsman container version of their gas cans. I have a few of their gas cans and they're very durable. I use them for my dirt bikes. They're just under 22" tall w/o hose attachment.

*Edit*
    Just found this 5g container that's $11

7. JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Yup, I used a heater in a 32 gallon can and a powerhead when I was cycling extra rock. One thing I would recommend is to rinse it out really well with RODI before you fill them though (that way you can ensure any factory debris, etc. isn't being stored with your water).

8. KjeldsenValued MemberMember