I need a good loner bottom feeder for a 30gl? Question

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by rlanghans, Mar 20, 2010.

1. rlanghans

rlanghans New Member Member

I'm pretty well stocked but still need a bottom feeder to help keep things clean.
    It's a 30 gallon with about 24 in of fish already.

What would be a good loner bottom feeder to do the job?

Preferably something that eats algae and left over food.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

:;thx

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

can you update your aquarium info for us ? to let us know whats in there now? and is the tank cycled or do you still have ammonia?

3. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

People will disagree with me, but I have a lone upside down catfish and he does fine by himself. I always see him out and about. He's not specifically a bottom-dweller though. He's usually all over the tank (loves to chill up in the driftwood branches).

4. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't be adding anything just yet as you are still getting ammonia readings. Once the tank has cycled fully for it's current stock then you could add something else. Something like a Clown Pleco or a Bristlenose would probably be suitable.
    Until the tank has properly cycled though I wouldn't add anything. Do daily water changes to help deal with the ammonia.

5. OP
    OP
    rlanghans

Forgot to update info. It's cycled! It's cycled!!
    That's way im in search of a single bottom feeder or small group of bottom feeders.

6. Shawnie

cool on the cycle!!! but you said you had 24 fish and i dont see that listed...only 15 fish..am I missing something? its hard to recommend something without knowing what is already there :)

7. OP
    OP
    rlanghans

I ment 24 inches of fish, so ive got about 6 inches of fish left.

sorry for the confusion!:)

Thanks for reminding me to keep my info updated!:;thx

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  8. Shawnie

oops..brunette moment ;) (for me!)
    I like nutters bristlenose suggestion :)

9. OP
    OP
    rlanghans

Thanks again for all the ideas! I ended up grabbin 3 Metae cory's. Their doin fine and look really cool!:;banaman

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice