I need a cute overload! Share your rodent pics! (I'm in a blizzard entertain me!

rmarkham

Well Known
Member
Messages
574
Reaction score
13
Location
Manchester, NH
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'll start my hamsters, Admiral Sticky Buns the syrian and VictinI the Chinese Hamster! I'm stuck in a blizzard in MA so took some photos of my sweet furry girls!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
rmarkham

rmarkham

Well Known
Member
Messages
574
Reaction score
13
Location
Manchester, NH
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bumblebat said:
PerdI and me
perdi.jpg

And another of exactly the same
chillanme.jpg

I LOVE Perdi!!!!!!

What a pretty Chin, and owner!

I was considering getting a Chin before getting my Syrian ham. but I have no regrets because my Syrian has TONS of personality!
 

Bumblebat

Well Known
Member
Messages
588
Reaction score
14
Location
Rochester, NY
Experience
More than 10 years
rmarkham said:
I LOVE Perdi!!!!!!

What a pretty Chin, and owner!

I was considering getting a Chin before getting my Syrian ham. but I have no regrets because my Syrian has TONS of personality!
Thank you! She's a sweetie bucket and I love her enormously. And yes, she is very much so a chinchilla.

Your pictures are face-meltingly cute.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
rmarkham

rmarkham

Well Known
Member
Messages
574
Reaction score
13
Location
Manchester, NH
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bumblebat said:
Thank you! She's a sweetie bucket and I love her enormously. And yes, she is very much so a chinchilla.

Your pictures are face-meltingly cute.

Thanks!!! I like to think they fill the ADORABLE void that the geckos cannot always fill.. although my geckos do frequently fill that void...

OH! and my corys laid eggs last night in my 29G tank! If that isn't cute enough, I have 3 peppered cory fry from an october spawn swimming about... I love my apartment.
 

AlanGreene

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
16
Experience
Just started
What family is the chin chilla in? Are there other names for a chinchilla?
 

rcarp

Active Member
Member
Messages
95
Reaction score
1
Experience
More than 10 years
strangest fish i've ever seen...
 

Bumblebat

Well Known
Member
Messages
588
Reaction score
14
Location
Rochester, NY
Experience
More than 10 years
AlanGreene said:
What family is the chin chilla in? Are there other names for a chinchilla?
They're part of the family Chinchillidae. Yes, that is a thing. If you're wondering about the order, it's Rodentia, so chinchillas are rodents. They're not commonly known by any other name. They're from the Andes Mountains and are named after the Chincha people who were the natives before they were run off by the Incans. The name chinchilla essentially means "little people."
(Which is adorable.)
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #11
OP
rmarkham

rmarkham

Well Known
Member
Messages
574
Reaction score
13
Location
Manchester, NH
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here's a bit of blizzard!

make sure you have your volume on to appreciate this
 

Bumblebat

Well Known
Member
Messages
588
Reaction score
14
Location
Rochester, NY
Experience
More than 10 years
rmarkham said:
Thanks!!! I like to think they fill the ADORABLE void that the geckos cannot always fill.. although my geckos do frequently fill that void...

OH! and my corys laid eggs last night in my 29G tank! If that isn't cute enough, I have 3 peppered cory fry from an october spawn swimming about... I love my apartment.
Nooo wayyy. Too cute
I have baby mts, baby mystery snails and baby cherry shrimp (I've named them all Howie.)
Plus whatever else has been breeding that I don't know about. I wish my cories would spawn. My pygmy cories are just about as cute as it can get, though. They need little tikI masks. CUTEST FISH EVER.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
207
Guests online
3,620
Total visitors
3,827

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom