I must be the worst fish keeper ever

lalynya
As some may know I have been fighting off an internal parasite for some time now. it is called camallanus...So I found about this stuff that is supposed to work really well called Levasimole hydrochloride. It is actually a pig dewormer..so I was all excited to get someithing that might finally get rid of the parasite...I tried to do the conversion for the dosing but I suck at math....I figured I should use about 1 tsp for my 55 gallon tank....everything I read on it said it is really hard to overdose with this stuff so I didn't think it would be a problem...next day everything is fine camallanus seemed to be clearing up thoug hnot all the way. I did a 50% water change and gave them another dose. Except this time I gave them 2 tsp..you see where this is going right....so a couple of days later the fish that were the worst seemed cleared up I was very happy..still though some fish still had it...so I do another water change and dose again...3 tsp this time....here is the word to the wise DO NOT USE 3 tsp OF Levasimole hydrochloride IN A 55 GALLON tank..I just came home to find the majority of my fish dead...did as much of a water change as I could so now I am left with 3 angels, 2 rainbows, a killI pair, guppy's (does anything really kill guppy's?) and my algae eaters..The real bummer in this is that one of my two remaining original fish died ....My avatar and bristle nose pleco pickle..now I really feel like cuz this is my fault..I killed a lot of my fish..I have been trying so hard to save them and instead I killed them...I killed pickle..and I think he was actully dead before the last dosing but because he doesn't move when the light is on I couldn't tell

Iluvatar
That is sad my fish only died when I was beginning and a recent accident I had.Now my saltwater tank is all lonely with one fish but my freshwater fish don't die...ever. Oh and cursing is not allowed and should be replased with stars"****" you know something like that. This is supposed to be child friendly

mlinden84
Oh no! lalynya I am so sorry you lost your fish!

Alessa
I'm really sorry to hear that. You did what you could to help them.

Lucy
lalynya I'm so sorry you lost your fish.
I know you did the best you could.
Remember, most everyone here have lost fish for many reasons, so you are not alone.

Butterfly
That is sad my fish only died when I was beginning and a recent accident I had.Now my saltwater tank is all lonely with one fish but my freshwater fish don't die...ever. Oh and cursing is not allowed and should be replased with stars"****" you know something like that. This is supposed to be child friendly
Actually cursing isn't even replaced with****. Just don't do it

L. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss
Carol

lalynya
who cursed???

lalynya
Thanks guys...I just really feel like about this..I really loved pickle..how am I sposed to replace him

Butterfly
who cursed???
Nobody that I noticed, I was just letting Jonathan know that substituting ***'s wasn't acceptable either
Thanks guys...I just really feel like about this..I really loved pickle..how am I sposed to replace him
I know you do but don't beat your self up about this. You have tried really hard to take care of these fish
Chin up my girl
Carol

Iluvatar
well I guess it shouldnt be done in the first place but I read something like that in one of the threads sorry for the invalid information but poor fish. My fish die for some of the dumbest reasons(sometimes).

Coryd55
Sorry about the loss of the fish. I know its hard.

Although I do have one Ancistrus sp. 3 (Bn pleco baby abuot 2 inches long) left. If you are interested?

lalynya
lol..thanks My LFS happened to have a new bach of BN babies and even though he is not Pickle I now have Pablo who is tiny...Pickle I had only in adulthood so it might be fun to watch him grow

Lucy
Welcome Pablo, post his pick soon!

lalynya
I'll try but like I said he is a very small little boy and he likes to hide behind the heater

voiceless_kat
HI lalynya..I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your fish. I know how heartbreaking it is - I had a crummy month last month also. As Butterfly said, don't beat yourself up...we have all made the same mistakes with the best intentions, and that is how we learn. Sometimes it is not an easy lesson.

Good luck with setting your tank up again, and for now enjoy that little BN pleco that you have.

Just start over and focus on the good and fun things. We are all here for you.

Val

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Regal
Replies
Views
domsfishadventure
  • Question
Replies
Views
SarahPar