I must be out of my mind!

hockeyref88
Ok its official...................I'm an MTS NUTHOUSE!!!..........I went out yesterday and bought a 28 g/ nano cube on Craigs list. It came with everything but a chiller, and fully cycled.......... The guy took perfect care of this tank and it came with the stand, HQI metal halide lighting, protein skimmer, LR and some critters as well. Got it set up last night and I'm just in heaven to be honest. Of course To buy the chiller will be the same price as the tank set up itself, but oh well...............This could be bad for my disease.

Lucy
Wow, Rick, that's nice.

Your right, you've got MTS and you've got it bad. lol

sgould
Abandon hope, resisitance is futile!

hockeyref88
Ok................Returned from LFS $430.00 poorer...........Got a new chiller. How can these things be worth so much dough??? Also got some livestock for the 6 g/nano as well. A cleaner shrimp and some polyps and mushrooms......I think the salt thing might be like **** and sushi, once you start you can't stop.:helpsmilie: Why do I feel so guilty after I get home from the LFS???

Mike
haha! ;D Another one bites the dust. In think the saltwater side of the hobby is even more addictive and potentially more dangerous (money wise) with soooo many different ways to stock a tank.

In my nano cube I recently discovered an urchin along the back wall of the tank eating coralline algae. I didn't buy this guy, must have come in on the live rock. So cool.

hockeyref88
haha! ;D Another one bites the dust. In think the saltwater side of the hobby is even more addictive and potentially more dangerous (money wise) with soooo many different ways to stock a tank.

In my nano cube I recently discovered an urchin along the back wall of the tank eating coralline algae. I didn't buy this guy, must have come in on the live rock. So cool.

That is cool..........I got a decent amount of LR with the tank from the seller, but I added another 17 lbs yesterday. I am already amazed by the tank and my 6 g/nano is coming along nicely as well. I would love for some more wildlife to come crawling out of itdrool

sgould
I would love for some more wildlife to come crawling out of it

Ditto...the only things I have picked up are featherdusters and red bubble algae.

ThisGuy
Wow now you have it all, the pond salty and serious MTS. Congrats hope the wife does well in Vegas.

Cheers

Ryan

hockeyref88
Wow now you have it all, the pond salty and serious MTS. Congrats hope the wife does well in Vegas.

Cheers

Ryan

Thanks Ryan...............I'm sure the wife appreciates it as well. Right now no news is good news. In the past she has had a habit of calling me at the breaks. She then would somehow lose her concentration and crash and burn so I told her not to call until she's done and through to the next day. Hopefully that's the ticket.................

Well as I was typing guess who called.........Yep............ Jacqueline. But its not to bad. She had gotten all the way down to the felt, meaning she was down to her final chips when she was able to double up and now she's back up to 22500 in chips at the dinner break. There are 2 more 2 hour rounds left tonight. Obviously the goal is to get through the first day. To give you an idea of where she's at, the chip leader has 110000 in chips so she's hangin in there.............Come on Jacq!!!..............Betta's for everyone!!

Angela_96
With 7 tanks already I have finally brought my husband over to the dark side, and his MTS is finally giving way to my Saltwater needs..lol
I have been dying to do a reef tank and finally we are making plans. I can't wait!

I know they are super expensive, we were out pricing tanks, corals, etc yesterday.. I guess the good thing is you can buy a peice here and a peice there, so once we get our tank going, it will fit into our way of living, buying a couple corals, etc each month. I am also thankful its a slow process, which will keep me happy w/ the "something new" I am wanting to reach out and go into different fish species, after having guppies, all dif tetras, cory catfish, peacock eels, plecos, platies, etc....

I have a "want" to try some south american cichlids, but that can wait. Especially w/ doing a reef. W/ us paying 70$ for a fish order off of aquabid and that's just FW, I def can see affording a fish here and there from the lfs sw tanks.

Congrats on falling to the dark side!! lol

hockeyref88
With 7 tanks already I have finally brought my husband over to the dark side, and his MTS is finally giving way to my Saltwater needs..lol
I have been dying to do a reef tank and finally we are making plans. I can't wait!

I know they are super expensive, we were out pricing tanks, corals, etc yesterday.. I guess the good thing is you can buy a peice here and a peice there, so once we get our tank going, it will fit into our way of living, buying a couple corals, etc each month. I am also thankful its a slow process, which will keep me happy w/ the "something new" I am wanting to reach out and go into different fish species, after having guppies, all dif tetras, cory catfish, peacock eels, plecos, platies, etc....

I have a "want" to try some south american cichlids, but that can wait. Especially w/ doing a reef. W/ us paying 70$ for a fish order off of aquabid and that's just FW, I def can see affording a fish here and there from the lfs sw tanks.

Congrats on falling to the dark side!! lol

Thanks................I've been shopping for a good deal on a salty set up for a while. The guy I got this from new what he was doing and had beautiful salt tanks going at his house. Normally I would have started with at least 100 g or more but I thought we'd get our feet wet with a big nano. Get the hang of it and then do a BIG reef...........I'm telling ya, I really can't take my eye's off it. Just the little bit going on with the critters he gave me with it are just amazing.......Exciting stuff.

Angela_96
Thanks................I've been shopping for a good deal on a salty set up for a while. The guy I got this from new what he was doing and had beautiful salt tanks going at his house. Normally I would have started with at least 100 g or more but I thought we'd get our feet wet with a big nano. Get the hang of it and then do a BIG reef...........I'm telling ya, I really can't take my eye's off it. Just the little bit going on with the critters he gave me with it are just amazing.......Exciting stuff.

I really think it is exciting! Just the fact that everything you put in a Saltwater tank is live, including the rocks... is so cool! And all the different colors.. I would be happy w/ just a reef w/ corals, hermit crabs, and a shrimp or two... The fish though are so colorful!

hockeyref88
I really think it is exciting! Just the fact that everything you put in a Saltwater tank is live, including the rocks... is so cool! And all the different colors.. I would be happy w/ just a reef w/ corals, hermit crabs, and a shrimp or two... The fish though are so colorful!

Yeah I agree.............Probably will only have 4 maybe 5 small fish. Water quality is the key with a reef...........I dig the fish too but there seems to be a trade off with a reef especially a small reef.

Angela_96
Yeah I agree.............Probably will only have 4 maybe 5 small fish. Water quality is the key with a reef...........I dig the fish too but there seems to be a trade off with a reef especially a small reef.

Yea the water quality is one thing that everyone has said to me when asking about a sw tank. Then one Saltwater expert heard my ocd water changeing, and said that I would be great w/ sw if I kept up w/ the tanks like I do.. that made me feel really good about sw. We will def have to have a R/O unit w/ my obsessivness.

We have planed to get clownfish, w/ our children loving the clownfish that would be perfect, plus a couple gobies.

agsansoo
Congrats on the new tank !

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jocelyn Adelman
Replies
Views
fishkeepinginaisa
Replies
Views
Kat66