I Miss My Betta

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person who misses their betta when they are at school?
I watch betta videos on care and stuff and that makes it better .

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I do not miss any of my fish, I just think about them.
EDIT: I have four bettas currently.

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Fanatic said:
I do not miss any of my fish, I just think about them.
EDIT: I have four bettas currently.
Lol yeah . I only have one but plan to expand again

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BettaNation said:
Lol yeah . I only have one but plan to expand again
I used to have one and was extremely attached to it.
Loved him with all of my heart. I no longer have him though, died last year.

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Fanatic said:
I used to have one and was extremely attached to it.
Loved him with all of my heart. I no longer have him though, died last year.
Aww sorry about that, do you have a new favorite?

asheslaree

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
hahha, kind of. I miss watching Nixie swim around when im at home (because she is on my desk at work) I plan on setting up a salt water tank at home soon so that may help. Though my cats are pretty good company. Im really into water/ocean stuff, it calms me down so that may be why I enjoy the tank so much. I am pretty attached to my little betta girl though, she's so fun to watch!

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
asheslaree said:
hahha, kind of. I miss watching Nixie swim around when im at home (because she is on my desk at work) I plan on setting up a salt water tank at home soon so that may help. Though my cats are pretty good company. Im really into water/ocean stuff, it calms me down so that may be why I enjoy the tank so much. I am pretty attached to my little betta girl though, she's so fun to watch!
Haha I agree and ironically me and my mom will be setting up a saltwater tank for the first time soon like in a month or so. Good luck if it's your first time with saltwater, it's mine as well.

asheslaree

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BettaNation said:
Haha I agree and ironically me and my mom will be setting up a saltwater tank for the first time soon like in a month or so. Good luck if it's your first time with saltwater, it's mine as well.
It will be my first time since my highschool ocenagorphay scince class! we kept salt water fish in that class so its been a long while though. Ive wanted a saltwater for a long time, and now that my husband has cleared out a space for me to set one up im going for it!

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
asheslaree said:
It will be my first time since my highschool ocenagorphay scince class! we kept salt water fish in that class so its been a long while though. Ive wanted a saltwater for a long time, and now that my husband has cleared out a space for me to set one up im going for it!
Great! What kinda fish would you start out with ?

asheslaree

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BettaNation said:
Great! What kinda fish would you start out with ?
Oh man I have no idea, been doing some reaserch but im still not sure. I like clown fish, and liveaquaria has a bunch of captive bread fish that I think would make the activist in me happy. I hate the idea of a wild caught fish so anything that will fit in my tank/look pretty and is captive bread will be what I end up with.

BettaJazzHands

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have three Bettas, and even though I am probably going to sound like a horrible owner, I really only think about one of them during the day. The other two are older, and I adore them, but their tanks are stable and they're happy as clams and very easy. They're also much more independent, and less attached to me, than my Dumbo half moon. I do think about the cory cats and the dumbo in my community during the day - but that might be because the tank is still a work in progress and because the dumbo is basically a tiny water puppy.

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't miss my fish if I'm only gone for the day but if I'm away for a day or longer then I will miss him. Although if I'm having a bad day then I will definitely miss him as he helps me when I'm down lol

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Not that i think about it i nearly cried when we left for camping 3 hours away for 2 weeks. I was so sad to leave them. This year im staying behind because i was so many fish and gecko to care for and i dont trust anyone

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
CanadianFishFan said:
Not that i think about it i nearly cried when we left for camping 3 hours away for 2 weeks. I was so sad to leave them. This year im staying behind because i was so many fish and gecko to care for and i dont trust anyone
Yeah same. When I go away ( unless it's like for two weeks) I'd just let my betta fast. Otherwise I'd give strict instructions

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BettaNation said:
Yeah same. When I go away ( unless it's like for two weeks) I'd just let my betta fast. Otherwise I'd give strict instructions
I had my grandmother do it but i dont trust anyone near my gecko!

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
CanadianFishFan said:
I had my grandmother do it but i dont trust anyone near my gecko!
That's me with my cat too. But I don't trust him.with anyone either, he's evil lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom