I Made A Huge Mistake And Now Nothing Is Helping

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So for my betta sorority I was getting all my fish from the same seller and they were quarantined before they got to me, so I wasn't quarantining my girls when I got them.

Now I made a rookie mistake and I should've quarantined new fish that I got from a different seller but I didn't even think about it.

Well I have a huge ich outbreak in my tank and possibly internal parasites. I'm having a hard time with the heat method as my heater just isn't reaching temperature. Is there any medicine that doesn't kill my invertebrates that I can get in Australia?

Katie13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would recommend Kordon Ich Attack, but I'm not sure what the price is over there.

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You would still have to move the invertbrates out. The pest snails literally melted using that stuff. I know Kordon makes a herbal ick med that is safe , but not sure of its effectiveness.

Katie13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
scarface said:
You would still have to move the invertbrates out. The pest snails literally melted using that stuff. I know Kordon makes a herbal ick med that is safe , but not sure of its effectiveness.
Both are all natural. Kordon is my go to brand. The Rapid-Cure is my go to ich treatment, but it's not invert safe. Ich Attack is.

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Katie13 said:
Both are all natural. Kordon is my go to brand. The Rapid-Cure is my go to ich treatment, but it's not invert safe. Ich Attack is.
My apologies. You are correct.

SixThreeOh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Heat tank as hot as you can, even if not 86, it'll still speed up the life cycle of ich. I add 1tsp salt per gallon salt. Gravel vacuum the tank daily for two weeks.

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
SixThreeOh said:
Heat tank as hot as you can, even if not 86, it'll still speed up the life cycle of ich. I add 1tsp salt per gallon salt. Gravel vacuum the tank daily for two weeks.
That's my usual method but the heater is like 5 sizes too small for my tank, it gets my tank to about 26 degrees celcius on full power.

Katie13 said:
I would recommend Kordon Ich Attack, but I'm not sure what the price is over there.
I'll have a look around for it. The seller who gave me the plecos replaced the betta I lost and gave me some tablets for medication, it's something Sulfa I'll have to check when I get home and it seems to be doing a good job (been in for 48 hours) I'm doing a full water change tonight. I did lose another one of my girls though, my big cambodian crowntail that I was going to breed because she's the most interested in males but I guess that isn't happening

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom