I love roots

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Aquaphobia, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I don't know why, I've just always liked the look of roots in water, especially on plants like Red Root Floaters and Salvinia natans. I was watching the roots on my Salvinia waving in the current tonight and I just found it hypnotic!

Should try taking a video of it but here's a still photo. Doesn't quite do it justice:)

IMG_20160701_221321806.jpg

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. G

G0ne Fishin Valued Member Member

WOW! Me too, I don't have shrimp or fish yet. I sit in front of tank and just watch plants and lil tiny roots sway. It is relaxing for me and nice way to end a day. I cant wait til I find Red Root Floaters and Salvina natans for my tank. You do have some beautiful roots going on.

4. OP
    OP
    Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks!:) Another floating plant that I really like the roots of but haven't grown yet is Hygroryza aristata or Asian Water Grass. Epic roots!

5. G

G0ne Fishin Valued Member Member

I saw the Hygro ones on Han Aquatics but they are not in my state. Cali don't make it easy for live plants to be shipped here. If I could I would have tank in every room. I would even replace my TV with a nice large tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice