I love free stuff!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soarl, Jan 8, 2013.

1. soarl

soarlValued MemberMember

I was over at my dad's rummaging through his PVC fittings and stuff looking for anything I could use for a DIY co2 reactor I want to make and he mentioned going over to a neighbor's house to look at his tank. He's got some issues but had some guy he's known forever giving him advice so I told him if the stuff he was trying wasn't working to get a hold of me and I'd see if I could help him out. He then proceeded to give me, for freeeeeeeeeeeeeee, his old 29 gallon tank. Woot!

2. AnthonyC4C

AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Nice, I want to get my daughter a 5 gallon instead of the 2.5 she has now...

3. OP
    OP
    soarl

soarlValued MemberMember

I've been wanting to replace my 20 with a 29 forever now. I was even thinking of grabbing one during the buck a gallon sale. Glad I didn't!

4. AnthonyC4C

AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Dang, I would love to see a buck a gallon sale here...I would be going for the gusto lol 500 gallon tank SCHWEET LOL

5. beginner

beginnerValued MemberMember

oh yeah! love free stuff..... anyone else giving away tanks??? I'll take a few;)

6. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

That buck a gallon is usually up to like 55 gallons I believe. I don't think it includes the guts.

Congrats on the tank.

7. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

so when are you going to replace the 29 with a 55? :p

8. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

YEAH thats great!!! FREE is FREE!

I kick myself now but 6 months BEFORE I started fishkeeping, my neighbor had a 50 gallon hex tank + stand he was going to GIVE me ( his wife just had a baby and no more time, plus his fish slowly started to die off and he never got any more )
    He asked a lot of his friends and NO ONE wanted it ( including myself! ) so he gave it to the goodwill.....
    :;smack

9. OP
    OP
    soarl

soarlValued MemberMember

hahah! Well...the 20 long, and the spare 20 long will become part of my filter/sump/refugium for my 75 gallon setup. I've been bouncing around between a SW setup, a discus setup or some type of cichlid setup. Right now I'm leaning heavily towards cichild biotope mainly because of the cost of SW and discus!

10. Ziggi

ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

Congrats! :D I turned down a (I'll guestimate free or super cheap) Hex tank from my boss. no clue the size or what may have come with it. *shrug* :;dk Part of me wants to set it up and plant it and toss some shrimp or a betta in there for her :D I think I like aquascaping...

11. OP
    OP
    soarl

soarlValued MemberMember

Got it up and running last night. Took about 2.5-3 hours to change everything over. woot!

IMG_0129.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice