I Love Blackberries!

Gypsy13

78F6ACE1-22B8-4B4C-983C-F196F0F79CB0.jpeg So I went foraging tonight. Luckily I’ve got lots so didn’t require a lot of moving. This is my first blind pie! No laughing allowed! I’ll post a pic of the hopefully not burnt pie later!

KinsKicks
Omg! That looks super good! Can’t wait to see when it’s baked and cut! XD

midna
nice!!! oh man, homemade blackberry pie sounds amazing. wooow.

Gypsy13
Omg! That looks super good! Can’t wait to see when it’s baked and cut! XD

As long as it doesn’t burn. Never used this oven by myself before. Trying to surprise hubby!

nice!!! oh man, homemade blackberry pie sounds amazing. wooow.

C’mon over. Just keep in mind did it by memory. Could be anything when I cut it. Color me nervous!

Sweet! :smug:

goldface
Waiting for the money shot. I love pies to the point I’ll go to a diner at 2-3 am just to get a slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a hot cup of coffee. Yeah, I don’t sleep much these days.

Gypsy13
Waiting for the money shot. I love pies to the point I’ll go to a diner at 2-3 am just to get a slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a hot cup of coffee. Yeah, I don’t sleep much these days.

Sleep? What’s that? I’m smelling pie! Mmmmmmm!

goldface
Sleep? What’s that? I’m smelling pie! Mmmmmmm!
Exactly! Complete waste of time.

Seth15
It looks good already! Save me a slice!

Gypsy13

1D2CF47C-5D73-44B0-B9A1-23712AEA934E.jpeg Well guys. It would seem I picked a few too many blackberries. Oops. Can’t wait to cut it!

Gypsy13
Ok y’all. Hubby will be home anytime now. Tell me how bad it is! I’ll throw it out to the possum if it’s really awful!

Seth15
Haha if it's really that bad, at least the possums will have something to eat.

I doubt it will be bad though, it looks pretty good!

midna
i'll take it

Gypsy13
Well, hubs being the kind loving yada yada yada, says it looks like something from Halloween and he’s kind of scared to try it. I know he’s kidding. Kinda.

midna
it looks fine! I suppose it does look a bit like a jack o lantern or a scary face...

Gypsy13
it looks fine! I suppose it does look a bit like a jack o lantern or a scary face...

Oh my! He’s telling the truth! Well so much for my first and last blind pie.

midna
looks don't matter: does it taste good? it looked better than something I could do!

Gypsy13
looks don't matter: does it taste good? it looked better than something I could do!

Lol. He’s going to have a slice for breakfast. Guess I’ll know just how good my memory is huh?

midna
but pie always tastes better at 2 in the morning!

Gypsy13
but pie always tastes better at 2 in the morning!

If I could eat, I’d be into it now! I’ll get a little taste of the filling when he has breakfast.

goldface
It's Ugly Delicious! (Netflix show in case anyone is wondering why I italicized it). It doesn't have to be perfect. It's the taste that counts.

Seriously though, it looks fine.

Gypsy13
It's Ugly Delicious! It doesn't have to be perfect. It's the taste that counts.

Seriously though, it looks fine.

Thank you. I wasn’t really expecting much. I sure didn’t expect to overfill the thing! I’m loving the smell.

wolfdog01
It's 3am here and all ya'll making me want pie! Stop it!

CanadianFishFan
better then any pie I could make. My candy apples kinda failed yesterday

Gypsy13

But I haven’t made one in over thirty years. We’ve had so much rain we have these huge juicy blackberries! I just had to!

CanadianFishFan
its 1am here and I'm spending it on fishlore... Just got 5teeth pulled so I'm super hungry and can't sleep

goldface
Nothing wrong with late night pie. Go out there and grab a slice, unless you look like creepy Christian Bale from The Machinist then maybe not. Better stay put instead and not scare anyone.

Gypsy13
its 1am here and I'm spending it on fishlore... Just got 5teeth pulled so I'm super hungry and can't sleep

Awww. I’m sorry. Warm blackberry pie?

CanadianFishFan
Nothing wrong with late night pie. Go out there and grab a slice, unless you look like creepy Christian Bale from The Machinist then maybe not. Better stay put instead and not scare anyone.
that's it I'm finding a recipe and makeing it this morning. (AKA its 1am)

Gypsy13

Yes please. Armed and definitely dangerous. Especially since there’s no telling where I’ll hit. Lol.

CanadianFishFan
Awww. I’m sorry. Warm blackberry pie?
I can't eat solid food for 48hours xD I'm screwed! I made candy apples because I can't have them for another couple years since I'm getting braces..

Gypsy13
that's it I'm finding a recipe and makeing it this morning. (AKA its 1am)

I wish I’d had a recipe. Unfortunately one of those handed down from moms to daughters.

I can't eat solid food for 48hours xD I'm screwed! I made candy apples because I can't have them for another couple years since I'm getting braces..

New braces are nothing. I feel your pain though. Literally. Tooth pulling pain is something I never forget. I truly am sorry. Just a little hint: make the candy coating, dip in apple sauce, let it melt in your mouth. But do not bite. Sticks like crazy!

CanadianFishFan
New braces are nothing. I feel your pain though. Literally. Tooth pulling pain is something I never forget. I truly am sorry. Just a little hint: make the candy coating, dip in apple sauce, let it melt in your mouth. But do not bite. Sticks like crazy!
Ooo I will need to try that. Now I am thinking a warm slice of apple pie with a hint of cinnamon and two scoops of vanilla ice cream. Since I can't have solid food.... *grabs Blender*

Gypsy13
Ooo I will need to try that. Now I am thinking a warm slice of apple pie with a hint of cinnamon and two scoops of vanilla ice cream. Since I can't have solid food.... *grabs Blender*

If the apples are done, it’s not really “solid” right?

CanadianFishFan
If the apples are done, it’s not really “solid” right?
true that, I will wait until my grandmas apple trees are ready.

Gypsy13
true that, I will wait until my grandmas apple trees are ready.

Just remember, today’s braces are a thousand times easier on the teeth but you can’t get away with the things I did way back then. You’ll be so glad you did this! Truly.

Gypsy13
Well. Guess what I forgot. And would’ve remembered had I tasted a blackberry before I made the pie. Too much rain in too short a time makes for plump juicy TASTELESS berries. AND evidently I crushed the edges of the pie crust putting the foil on. Neuropathy sucks. I still want to cry.

goldface
Even bland pie is good pie, at least I think so. Add some whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or both. Problem solved

Gypsy13
Even bland pie is good pie, at least I think so. Add some whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or both. Problem solved

Hubby says it’s fine. Wouldn’t let me throw it out. Idk. My tastebuds are totally wonked. He did overdose the whipped cream though!
Thank you. I needed that.

Discus-Tang
I can smell it from here! Personally I'm more of an apple pie/crumble person (I'm making it right now lol), but Id take it if it was on the plate, any day!

Gypsy13
I can smell it from here! Personally I'm more of an apple pie/crumble person (I'm making it right now lol), but Id take it if it was on the plate, any day!

I love crumble. Peach is my fave but pretty much any fruit crumble! Yummm. Feed me! Lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
alexk77
Replies
Views
carsonsgjs
Replies
Views
KingCynosure
Top Bottom