I love black Friday!

1. JaneAustenAddict Member Member

Stopped in PetSmart this morning because it is in the same plaza as the stores I was invading for the black Friday sales and found a 10g tank and hood for only $14.99! I snatched it so fast everyone must have thought I was crazy.

I will be upgrading John-Claude from his 5g to the 10g as soon as possible. I am so excited!

Now to find a use for the 5g...

2. redlessi Well Known Member Member

sounds like a empty tank for a new betta...........

3. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Dwarf puffer :)

4. Shadowbeam Member Member

What is this 'black friday; i've been hearing so much about? :p

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

The day after Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving is always on a Thurs.) most of the stores open early and have mega sales.
    I could be wrong, but I think it's one of the busiest shopping days before Christmas.
    You literally cannot find a parking place if you don't practically sleep at the mall and forget about moving in the stores.

My daughter and I went out at 4:30am.
    I also picked up that 10g tank at Petsmart. ;)

6. DRock914 Member Member

Yea its the busiest shopping day of the year. Last year someone got trampled to death in a walmart in Long Island when they opened the doors. People go insane for shopping deals. I drove by walmart this afternoon and there were barricades set up like a ride at a theme park for whoever showed up before the store opened. There were also 8 empty cop cars outside so they were probably monitoring the store all day. It is the best and worst day of the year to go shopping.

7. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Black friday is got it's name because that's the day that retailers get out of the red and into the black.

8. Thunder Member Member

I was not happy with PetSmart only having the sale on the 10 gallon tank. They should've include the big tanks.

9. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

There wasn't much there on sale for fish. The 10g with hood, A filter for a 10g and some cartride refills is all.
    It would have been nice to pick up some deco or a heater on sale.

10. Shadowbeam Member Member

Ahh that's why I don't know about it, obviously we don't celebrate thanksgiving over here. Shame we don't have a black friday, I guess our version is just boxing day lol.

Thanks for the info all ^^ and congrats on your 10g deal :)

11. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

The only thing black friday has to do with thanksgiving is it's the day after. Because thanksgiving is always on a thursday, a lot of people have off on friday too, so businesses take advantage of this and offer all kinds of sales at the crack of dawn and since it's a month before christmas, people go nuts.

I did it one time - my sister and I went to walmart at like 6:00 am to get this TV. They were already sold out cause they opened at 4.

Do you have a "shopping day?"

12. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Congrats on everyone's new purchases! Along with Black Friday, I believe this coming Monday is "Cyber Monday, Monday". This is where a lot of the online stores have their sales. It's the 1st Monday after Thanksgiving (I think).
    Ken

13. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Oooohhh, shopping without leaving the house...LOVE IT!;D

14. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

LOL me too BB. That's another reason to avoid getting out during Black Friday. Shop on line! :)
    Ken

15. Shadowbeam Member Member

Sounds like loads of fun...and stress lol. The only thing we have similar is Boxing Day, all the stores have thier post christmas sales on then :) and it's a pretty mad rush sometimes. Doesn't seem as big as black friday though

16. Thunder Member Member

This doesn't even make sense. You imply that where you live, they wait until the day after Christmas?

17. Shadowbeam Member Member

As far as I know it's the same in all of England - that everything is really expensive in the build up until christmas, then after christmas all the sales happen. It's how the shops make all their money. We don't really have anything like black friday here at all

18. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Yea, we just have the start of the January sales on boxing day. Apple did do a Black Friday deal over here this year in all their stores and online, but the iPhone was still too expensive! I'll be doing everything online, as I don't go for all this busy "Out of my way" craziness, but do give congrats to those with the patience for it!