I know that my yellow platies are changing color but one of the yellow one has a

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Kelvinwastaken, Jul 12, 2015.

1. K

Kelvinwastaken New Member Member

I know that my yellow platies are changing color but one of the yellow one has a black spot on her stomach. I was wondering if she is pregnant if so how many more days until she drops the fry?

pic:

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Looks pregnant to me, not sure how long though.

3. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Yep, I'd say pregnant too. It's always hard to say how long they have, I have one that gets enormous long before she drops and another that doesn't get very big at all, lol. I would guess yours has a week or so personally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Well, that is a gravid spot on your female Sunset Variatus. I'm not sure she's all that far along, as they often show the dark area even if they aren't pregnant. I don't know how big variatus females should get, I just realized I've never had the species. I believe they can drop fry about every 4-6 weeks, so it can't be much longer than that!

5. a

aquaman86 Valued Member Member

That's a nice tank setup. Any fries?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice