I Keep Changing My Mind 29 Gallon Tank

1. ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams Member Member

So my current plan is some 4-5 Male Red Cobra Guppies (color might change), a Malaysian Trumpet Snail, 10-12 Schooling Fish, and a Dwarf Gourami.

I want to do 6-8 Cory's. My favorites are Peppered (paleatus), Panda, and Adolfoi. Would any of these 3 work?

I also really wanted some kind of different fish like a killifish or something that isn't quite as common in tanks. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what schooling fish I'm doing yet, I was going to have my water warmer because I wanted German Blue Rams, but now since I have decided against them I can lower my water temperature and have more options of what I can do. Any suggestions there?

Would keeping the tank at 76-78F be a good temperature?

2. Redshark1

Redshark1 Well Known Member Member

Take some time to choose.

Why not decide what your favourite fish is and build the tank around their needs, thereby giving them the best chance of success.

3. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

I really don't entirely know what's out there and I also am just beginning so I don't want to get anything that is difficult. I have my tank set up and cycling now, I think it will be cycled within a few days

4. RainBetta

RainBetta Member Member

Have you considered an angelfish?

For the schooling fish, I would go with neons or cardinals because they make the DG really pop

5. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

Yes but I wasn’t really sure if a 29 gallon would be big enough for one

6. RainBetta

RainBetta Member Member

Yeah I agree! Just an idea though