I just wanted to give you guys an update...

1. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

So the question of how many algae eaters is too many really boils down to your specific situation...Well, now I have 25 otocinculus, 8 siamese algae eaters and like 50 shrimp, 1 pitbull pleco and 1 clown placo in a 75 gallon (amano, cherry, bee, ghost shrimp, bamboo shrimps)! heh. I just wanted you all to know that my algae is finally going away! haha! I must have something in my water that helps them or contains them, because you should see my non-planted tank! HA! You wouldn't believe it! Nor would I post an ugly photo! My snail were all eaten by my loaches...

I reduced my T5 light exposure, but there is no way I can stop the outside light exposure. My houseplants need it and I dont want to use house lighting when I have these nice windows. And my cat likes to look out and I do too...

They are making my aquarium look like a traffic jam situation though and making it feel cramped.

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

That's a lot of algae eaters. You can cover the sides of the tank to prevent it from getting sunlight.

3. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

[​IMG]

You can't even see most right now. You could earlier. They are working everywhere.

4. uncclewis Well Known Member Member

haha another update, I ordered 20 more nerites online to get rid of that green algae you see there, it keeps coming back every day that I wipe it off and they can't get to it fast enough. I am happy to say that today it is going away with my snails![​IMG]

Algae be gone! Lol

FYI cloudy bc of WC

5. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Why are you adding more snails when you have clown loaches? Your loaches will kill and eat them.