I just wanted to give you guys an update...

1. uncclewis

uncclewis Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +19
    So the question of how many algae eaters is too many really boils down to your specific situation...Well, now I have 25 otocinculus, 8 siamese algae eaters and like 50 shrimp, 1 pitbull pleco and 1 clown placo in a 75 gallon (amano, cherry, bee, ghost shrimp, bamboo shrimps)! heh. I just wanted you all to know that my algae is finally going away! haha! I must have something in my water that helps them or contains them, because you should see my non-planted tank! HA! You wouldn't believe it! Nor would I post an ugly photo! My snail were all eaten by my loaches...

I reduced my T5 light exposure, but there is no way I can stop the outside light exposure. My houseplants need it and I dont want to use house lighting when I have these nice windows. And my cat likes to look out and I do too...

They are making my aquarium look like a traffic jam situation though and making it feel cramped.

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +8,491
    That's a lot of algae eaters. You can cover the sides of the tank to prevent it from getting sunlight.

3. OP
    OP
    uncclewis

Ratings:
    +19
    [​IMG]

You can't even see most right now. You could earlier. They are working everywhere.

4. OP
    OP
    uncclewis

Ratings:
    +19
    haha another update, I ordered 20 more nerites online to get rid of that green algae you see there, it keeps coming back every day that I wipe it off and they can't get to it fast enough. I am happy to say that today it is going away with my snails![​IMG]

Algae be gone! Lol

FYI cloudy bc of WC

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +8,491
    Why are you adding more snails when you have clown loaches? Your loaches will kill and eat them.