I just put a divider in my tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Joel2036, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Joel2036

Joel2036 Valued Member Member

I just put a divider in my tank and one of the Betas will not stop flaring at the other one, could this stress her out to the point where she could die ? Or is this just a thing for show ?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354927358.159717.jpg
    Please help

2. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

I'm not sure of its effect on bettas long-term. I imagine it would be stressful but I'll let those with more experience chime in... I do know that you can purchase more opaque dividers where the fish will not see each other so clearly. This worked with my angelfish, who would constantly try to attack each other through a clear plastic divider.

Hope this helps. :)

3. OP
    OP
    Joel2036

Thank you I might do that :)

4. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

Some members here have grown a moss-wall along the divider (or something similar) so it blends in with your tank a bit more. If it is a male and a female, he might just be showing off. If it doesn't stop within a week or so then you might have a problem.

5. Terra

Terra Well Known Member Member

Move your driftwood/plant to the center to block the view partially, so it has a chance to lose sight of the other one some.

6. OP
    OP
    Joel2036

Thanks for your replies so quickly I have been watching and I think they have stopped I think it may have just been because he was new to the tank, they look like they are just ignoring each other now :)
    But on a happier note what do you think of my new boy ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354934701.252904.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354934767.156295.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice