I just love my cories!

Magtom

Here’s some pictures of my funny, beautiful albino corydoras.

bcsay720

Cories are my current favorite fish. Such a big fan.

JPH1970

I'd love to put some cories in my tank but I'm close to maxing out , unless I can nab some pygmies

bcsay720

JPH1970 said:
I'd love to put some cories in my tank but I'm close to maxing out , unless I can nab some pygmies
Sounds like you just need another tank...

JPH1970

bcsay720 said:
Sounds like you just need another tank...
That's in the rough planning stages but there's way too much going on right now. Unless a absolute miracle happens, I'm looking at another tank in a year.

Mar1111

JPH1970 said:
That's in the rough planning stages but there's way too much going on right now. Unless a absolute miracle happens, I'm looking at another tank in a year.
Good things come to those who wait! I have 4 varieties of cories, love them all and wish for more!

Magtom

bcsay720 said:
Cories are my current favorite fish. Such a big fan.
I know! I just love them!

pagoda

Cories are hysterical little bugwags.....especially when late at night, after lights out they decide to practice their gymnastics and spend hours doing backflips in the filter outflow whilst I am trying to get to sleep 12 inches from their aquarium......or "getting jiggy with it" and everything goes flying as a writhing ball of Cories rolls around the aquarium bumping into everything and everyone before plastering the nice, recently cleaned glass with eggs......

Cories are the true clowns of the aquarium.....they are awesome little creatures....cheeky, naughty toddlers that never grow up :D

Magtom

YESSS!!! I just love it!! Other experienced fish people told me about them, and boy were they right. How many do you have and in what size tank?

Betta'sAnonymous

I don't have cories, but people on here keep making me want them...meanwhile, i am entertained by the antics of my very young bn plecos

Olivia Janae

I LOVE them! They have so much personality! I don't think I'll ever have a tank without them again.

pagoda

Magtom said:
YESSS!!! I just love it!! Other experienced fish people told me about them, and boy were they right. How many do you have and in what size tank?
I am back down to six currently....although I can see them plotting a takeover bid again very soon ;)

I started with six and within a few months lost count at 30....I gave the juveniles away to a family run, old fashioned lfs who came to fetch them (I let them catch the slippery little blighters too)

The aquarium they currently live in is a 20g long.

babyfish

Wow BEAUTIFUL pictures! And of course fish!

DoubleDutch

People that don't love Corys should be banned and get somekind of therapy hahhahaha. Joking of course (or maybe not)

JPH1970

What's the minimum number of cories in a tank? A local pet store has albinos that would look nice in my tank

Magua

Me tooooo!!! They’re either resting or 100% spazzy!! I have 8 lil dwarf hasbrosus and 4 newish false jullis and they’re all adorable and crazy!

Mar1111

JPH1970 said:
What's the minimum number of cories in a tank? A local pet store has albinos that would look nice in my tank
They are no good alone, they need companions. Depending on tank size, at least 3. I have 3 in a 10g now I raised from eggs (peppered) and 5 in my 20g (Juliis, 1 from an egg they forgot to eat), and 10 in my 40g (5 albino, which are great on black sand, 2 bronze and 3 peppered).
Magua said:
Me tooooo!!! They’re either resting or 100% spazzy!! I have 8 lil dwarf hasbrosus and 4 newish false jullis and they’re all adorable and crazy!
I have 1 false Julii about that size too! I don't think it's half grown yet. They laid eggs and ate them all... except ONE and it surprised me when it was probably a month old. I was shocked and so happy! Precious!

JPH1970

Mar1111 said:
They are no good alone, they need companions. Depending on tank size, at least 3. I have 3 in a 10g now I raised from eggs (peppered) and 5 in my 20g (Juliis, 1 from an egg they forgot to eat), and 10 in my 40g (5 albino, which are great on black sand, 2 bronze and 3 peppered).
I have a 29 gallon

Mar1111

JPH1970 said:
I have a 29 gallon
I'm sure at least 6 would be okay, kind of depends how many other fish you have. My 10 gallon with 3 is overpopulated with female guppies, about 4-5 snails (they were all male and I put what I thought was another male in there - she's moving back out soon!) and 15 or more shrimp. Somehow they seem happy enough. I change 2 gallons of water twice a week.

JPH1970

Mar1111 said:
I'm sure at least 6 would be okay, kind of depends how many other fish you have. My 10 gallon with 3 is overpopulated with female guppies, about 4-5 snails (they were all male and I put what I thought was another male in there - she's moving back out soon!) and 15 or more shrimp. Somehow they seem happy enough. I change 2 gallons of water twice a week.
I can definitely fit three albinos in my tank. I'm not sure I can do six. Im not ordering fish online any more(two horrible experiences in the past 2 months) and my only option is a local fish store that has albinos.

Mar1111

JPH1970 said:
I can definitely fit three albinos in my tank. I'm not sure I can do six. Im not ordering fish online any more(two horrible experiences in the past 2 months) and my only option is a local fish store that has albinos.
I ordered just ONE male guppy from someone and it was DOA. Ordered from a dealer and got a pair so perfectly mailed to me, each in their own bag, inside a styrofoam case (the male is my profile pic but I didn't take that). They were perfectly shipped and healthy. There are people in this site who can tell you the good and bad sellers. There's a world of difference. I personally have never mailed fish, scared to do it! Snails are easier. :)

bcsay720

pagoda said:
Cories are hysterical little bugwags.....especially when late at night, after lights out they decide to practice their gymnastics and spend hours doing backflips in the filter outflow whilst I am trying to get to sleep 12 inches from their aquarium......or "getting jiggy with it" and everything goes flying as a writhing ball of Cories rolls around the aquarium bumping into everything and everyone before plastering the nice, recently cleaned glass with eggs......

Cories are the true clowns of the aquarium.....they are awesome little creatures....cheeky, naughty toddlers that never grow up :D
I call them "night snuffles," because that's when they root around the sand river I made them the most. They have a schedule where they nap from about 3:00-5:30 (and briefly wake up to say hi to me when I come home). But then I turn out the tank lights? All bets are off.

AdoptiveMom4Life

I love them!! Has anyone had experience of their cories eating any mystery snails?

JPH1970

Mar1111 said:
I ordered just ONE male guppy from someone and it was DOA. Ordered from a dealer and got a pair so perfectly mailed to me, each in their own bag, inside a styrofoam case (the male is my profile pic but I didn't take that). They were perfectly shipped and healthy. There are people in this site who can tell you the good and bad sellers. There's a world of difference. I personally have never mailed fish, scared to do it! Snails are easier. :)
Two bogus orders in a very short time is enough for me to not want to order. Snails might be different bit I'm just afraid to even try them.

Right now I can't decide if 3 albino cories would be ok or if I should just get the sometimes-recommended 6. Bioload will be ok with 3. 6 will be pushing it I think too far

pagoda

AdoptiveMom4Life said:
I love them!! Has anyone had experience of their cories eating any mystery snails?
I don't know about mystery snails being munched, but in my original aquarium they went nuts for the pest snails. Due to an infestation I had to try and remove as many as I could each day, some got crushed in the process and the cories would wait underneath where I was working with tails wagging ferociously and would feast on any snails that floated down past their noses. Brilliant way of getting rid of a few pest snails.

KevinWright

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I don't have cories, but people on here keep making me want them...meanwhile, i am entertained by the antics of my very young bn plecos
Brittle nose plecos are probably my favorite fish to just observe, they're such a cool fish

Betta'sAnonymous

KevinWright said:
Brittle nose plecos are probably my favorite fish to just observe, they're such a cool fish
My daughter gets pretty entranced by them. She likes "sucker fish", as she calls all plecos. Think she wil like cories, though. Can't show her at the store as she refuses to go, says "all those tanks of fish staring at me is creepy".

bcsay720

Anyone in this thread know if cories have life long mates? None of mine have mated yet, but my first two that I got always stick together and follow each other around while the other five don't really play favorites. My first two are full grown now, and the rest are still young.

Magua

Just another cory pic... I love that my dwarf hasbrosus and false juliis rest and shoal together.

Latest threads

Top Bottom